Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CL] Event immediately end when random social events occur

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Dine out, Get to work, Seasons and City living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Give your apartment key to a friend and have an event planned. Obviously this wouldn't happen often because its random and hard to get two things on the same day, but because they are different expansion packs it clashes.
What happens when the bug occurs? The event, for my example winterfest, will be overtaken by the "friends hangout" and end the event completely
What do you expect to see? The two events should not happen at the same time, the first planned event should run until finished or cancelled.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I just wanted to point out this problem, hope you will be able to fix it soon, just in case it happens more. Just a side note, it doesn't necessarily stop the holiday, it overrides it as well, so you can't see the details in the top left corner of the screen, however it comes back with the same progress and completion as before.

Message 16 of 27 (6,166 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [CL] Event immediately end when random social events occur

Hero

There were a number of confusing situations that arose as a result of Invites your Sims would receive. In some cases these would appear as two invites for the same event, one that was the “hey, I just wanted you to know” invite, and the other would be the real invite. They should behave more accordingly to expectations.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 23 of 27 (6,837 Views)

All Replies

[OPEN] Parties immediately end when random social events occur

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi there! So this has been a problem in my game twice now since getting City Living. The new expansion has these random social events (I think with keyholders) where your friend can randomly come over, for like game night or they need to get changed to go out. This is super adorable and I love this feature, but it looks like these random events automatically end whatever planned activity you've got going on. I've had two birthday parties where things are going okay, but then my friend (who is often already attending my party) comes over for game night, and it immediately ends my birthday party as an "unsuccessful" event. I'm fairly certain this is not the intended behavior of the game.

Message 1 of 27 (7,727 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Parties immediately end when random social events occur

Hero

I'll add this but for completion's sake:

Is this on a vanilla game with no mods/cc added ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 27 (7,706 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yup, this is on a completely vanilla game. I've used mods on other computers, but this is a new laptop and the install is fairly new as well (I think I downloaded the game like, a month or two ago). It's never had mods or custom content.

Message 3 of 27 (7,700 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This may be similar to my issue.

I made a birthday party for my Sim and had a few friends (among them the only 2 keyholder friends for the appartment)

When teh timer was just 25% full (and I had the first minor goal fulfilled) I decided to let my Sim make a wish and blow out the candles.

Before those 2 events could trigger I got a message about the birtthday party having been a failure and me getting no rewards (as I said, despite tghe timer still showing just 25%).

Afterwards I had the timer still running, but no events being noticed by the social event bar (like my SIm blowing out the candles and aging).

Now that I read about it this may be exactly the same problem as OP has:

In my message log I have a message of one of those 2 keyholders (which, as I said, were both guests at the birthday party) about a "Surprise Pop-In"

With other words, said Keyholder, while being guest at the püarty, decided, that it may be time to surprisingly visit me ... despite already being there ... thereby disrupting the whole party

Addendum:

I should add that this also was a vanilla install of City Life, all Expansions and a few of the game and stuff packs ... no mods whatsoever

(actually it even was a totally fresh install of Sims 4, because I set up my whole system anew, 2 weeks ago)

Message 4 of 27 (7,664 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have this same exact issue, my sim was hosting a dinner party and her friend, who was already a guest at the dinner party, told me it was game night and ended the dinner party. Yet, the goals from the dinner party were stuck at the top. This happens every time a sim comes over for game night, whichever previous social event was going on is what the goals will be in the top corner.

Message 5 of 27 (7,648 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue! Doesn't seem to matter what kind of party it is, either. I'm going to try to revoke everyone's keys to avoid this...

Message 6 of 27 (7,608 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Social events with empty goals with key holders

★★ Novice
That happens to me. When i try to have a house party it quits halfway through saying im unsuccessful. Then random times in the future the social event goals that were partially complete that quit on me will pop up like im having my party when i am not. All social event things are glitching on me.
Message 7 of 27 (7,607 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Parties immediately end when random social events occur

★★ Guide

Happened to me to, at a birthday party. I had unchecked "prestige event" so there were no goals to meet, but when the random visit event started, the birthday party ended, and all of the birthday guests who were not keyholders left immediately. The keyholders remained, and just started getting glasses of water from the sink. I revoked everyone's keys after this.

I'm on macOS 10.12 (Sierra), all expansions and packs, no mods or cc.

Message 8 of 27 (7,581 Views)

Sims 4 City Living - Party Ending

★★ Novice
I went through the known bugs and didn't see this issue. My sim lives in San Myshuno and she has given her apartment key to one sim. While throwing parties the other sim will show up and start another social event abruptly ending the already ongoing event. Is anyone else seeing this issue? I do not have any CC or mods within my game.
Message 9 of 27 (7,583 Views)