Re: Stairs Disappear When on Upper Levels

by BryonyRae

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

@Hi_its_Nobody are you building in an apartment or non-apartment lot?  When you say the stairs disappear, do you mean that they aren't visible from the upper floor but are still in place and can be seen on the lower floor?  Or are you saying that they are being deleted?

Message 61 of 80 (1,922 Views)

★ Guide
I am currently building on a penthouse. They are not visible from the upper floor, the top step and walls stay, but the rest of the stair is not visible.
Message 62 of 80 (1,919 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Okay, merged with pre-existing report for the issue.

Message 63 of 80 (1,876 Views)

Stairs incomplete or NOT loading.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions and stuffs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build mode → View second floor → notice that the stairs connecting floor 1 and 2 is hallow, invisible, or hasn't even spawned when loading in premade lots.
What happens when the bug occurs? Stairs are hallow. Stairs won't load when loading new Lots. Sims refuses to use stairs or ignores them.
What do you expect to see? Stairs should load, stairs should look complete, Sims go up and down stairs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. April 16 2019 patch that had occurred between time 13:00 and 17:00 Eastern standard US time.

i took two pictures. One picture is viewed from the floor 2, the other is viewed on floor 1. 

When viewing on floor 2, stairs look hallow and incomplete.

When viewing on floor 1, stairs are whole and complete.

When loading "Lots", no matter the Lot size or objects that come with it, stairs do not load properly or at all. Please fix. 

Thank you so much.

Message 64 of 80 (1,692 Views)

Re: Build mode bugs after patch

★★★★★ Novice

Still happening after april patch. 

Message 65 of 80 (1,661 Views)

Re: Stairs incomplete or NOT loading.

Hero
Tagging @BryonyRae for this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 66 of 80 (1,641 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Thank goodness I thought it was just my game. There should be 3 sets of stairs in this picture.

Message 67 of 80 (1,626 Views)

Re: Build mode bugs after patch

★★★★ Apprentice

This is ridiculous. Six months having this bug, they released two patches and did not fix it. And they do not say anything about it.

Message 68 of 80 (1,630 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Merging with original thread for this issue.

Message 69 of 80 (1,571 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Stairs disappear from view in upper level

★★★★ Apprentice

@NRTH-Nomad wrote:

I also had this issue with one of the Apartments in San Myshuno, I couldn't figure out how to fix it until I read your post.

@Taetdris wrote:

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This bug occurs when you place a set of stairs connecting to an upper level and there is either: a) open-to-below space around the stairs b) no actual room above where the stairs connect to the upper level, and the stairs themselves are in a room where the upper floor/ceiling has been removed

It is this line that helped me to fix it. Use the *Custom Room Tool* to build a room around the area that is uncovered, this will bring the stairs back and you can delete the parts of the walls you do not need. I have attached two images to show you what I mean. Hope this helps Standard smile

*The stairs do appear normally in screenshots even when they do not appear in game*

*After building the room with the Custom Room Tool and tracing any walls, the stairs return in game as they should*

This still works, for those having this problem. In addition, I've discovered that if the open area is separate from where the stairs come up you need to use the custom room tool around the stair landing and around the open area.

Message 70 of 80 (1,528 Views)