Re: [OPEN] [CL] Elements disappear from view in open story apartments

by boyfin

Original Post

Re: After November/Dezember patch, objects are no longer visible on the lower fl

★★★ Guide

@crinrict, Thank you very much Crin, but you know what, I am very angry so slowly. Because I have four games, three of them I play for a very long time and together make up a story. Since the patch of November, all three are totally flawed. I can not play vampires anymore because I'm afraid the bug will stay when a patch comes. Second game, doctor's career, partly the hospital is without staff. Ill are hardly any and when I start to treat them, they get up and just leave the hospital. I still need two patients for surgery but since the November patch, no patient is coming for surgery. Third game, this bug is now! I have the loft with its inhabitants, from the fourth game in the third game added. My active Sims visited the residents and by accident I saw this bug. So slowly the fun passes! Thus, all my games have bugs!

Message 41 of 80 (1,661 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Elements disappear from view in open story apartments

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. For me, I only see the glitch with penthouse lots in San Myshuno.

download (5).png

Message 42 of 80 (1,608 Views)

Furniture Disappearing in San Myshuno (no cc)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? in San Myshuno penthouse lots
What happens when the bug occurs? Furniture + sims disappear
What do you expect to see? Everything from the upper floor.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. CC has been removed. I even tried repairing my game via Origin.

Anyone experiencing issues w/ San Myshuno penthouse lots? I recently discovered the bug today while I was moving a Sim into a penthouse. Everything (including my sims) disappear when my camera is focused from the upper floor. I have removed all CC. But as you can see the bug still exists..

download (5).png

Message 43 of 80 (1,621 Views)

Re: Furniture Disappearing in San Myshuno (no cc)

Hero

Hi @boyfin

merged your other post into this one as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 80 (1,582 Views)

objects not visible when viewed from level above in penthouse

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs All GPs except Outdoor Retreat Vintage Glamour, Perfect Patio, Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. load penthouse or two storey apartment lot 2. in build mode, make a hole on the second level so that level below is visible 3. objects on level below glitch and become invisible
What happens when the bug occurs? the objects on the level below, glitch in and out, disappear and are not visible from the second level
What do you expect to see? i expect to see the objects from the second level
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

noticed that when i was building a mezzanine type build on San Myshuno, objects on the level below would disappear / not render. they still existed, but were invisible when viewed from the second level.

tested on new save game, mod-free. issue persisted when trying out on the two storey apartments. tried building in Willow Creek and in Windenburg, no issues of invisible objects. issue seems to be San Myshuno exclusive

Message 45 of 80 (1,501 Views)

Re: objects not visible when viewed from level above in penthouse

★★★ Newbie

trying to submit a video of it, but the website isn't allowing me to. instead, here are the screenshots for it. i haven't changed or edited anything. note that the shadow from the plant remains 

Message 46 of 80 (1,477 Views)

Hero

Hi @whyohgod

merged your post with existing thread on the issue

Please click me too on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 47 of 80 (1,460 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm also having this problem Frown

Message 48 of 80 (1,346 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Does anyone know if EA is aware that multiple players are having this problem? Because this topic was created three months ago and so far there is no solution.
Message 49 of 80 (1,323 Views)

Objects on 1st level hidden when switching to 2nd level

★★★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to penthouse lot in San Myshuno, place object on the 1st level, go to 2nd level.
What happens when the bug occurs? The objects on the first level are hidden when switching to the upper levels.
What do you expect to see? If anyone else has this problem or if one of my mods might be causing the conflict.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm working on building a few lots right now in San Myshuno, in my design the 2nd floor is open to the 1st floor below (like a loft). However, when I am on the 2nd level in live mode or in build/buy mode, the objects below on the 1st level are hidden. The point of having the floor open to below is so that you can see the decor/objects, I'm frustrated and it's ruining my build. I'm not sure if this is happening on purpose, or a fault in the game. The lot I've placed is a lot from the gallery that' I've used before without this problem. I've re-placed the lot, even saved it to my library and placed the lot again. The issue only happens when the bottom floor is closed room, i.e. the problem does not exist if I delete a wall panel. Am I missing something?

Link to video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjet6srpoe40u9m/Video.avi?dl=0

Message 50 of 80 (1,315 Views)