Re: Objects on lower levels disappearing when on upper level

by mason0915

Original Post

★ Novice

still having this issue, nobody else has any ideas?

Message 21 of 80 (1,905 Views)

★★★ Novice

Me too

I had video

But I don't know how to upload the video.

Message 22 of 80 (1,886 Views)

★ Novice

I contacted EA support a few hours ago and he gave me a generic email, explaining how to reset cache, repair damaged files, etc.
I did all that and restarted my computer, still the problem persists.
So I went as far as to completely uninstall the game and re-install it, and yet still I'm faced with the same issue, despite it being a clean install, with none of my previous households or anything.
After that I contacted support again and was told to update my video card drivers. I did that and restarted the computer once more, yet I still have the issue.

After that they told me to create a new nvdia gaming profile for the sims, which I did. No change. So they basically told me tough *, wait for the devs to fix it :/

not happy, as I just bought a bunch of new DLC for it and my house is glitching tf out.

Message 23 of 80 (1,883 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Sorry, I am from Taiwan, so the following grammars are all translated by google.

I also followed the instructions of the EA technical commissioner today, but it is the same problem, so I also reply to EA again, and you have the same problem return to EA, I believe EA has seen our troubles, waiting for good news.

Message 24 of 80 (1,927 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@mason0915 merged this thread with the other reports we've had - it's a known bug currently and is on our list.

Message 25 of 80 (1,890 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Elements disappear from view in open story apartments

★ Apprentice
Replying to confirm that this same glitch is not limited to San Myshuno apartments. It is happening to me in Del Sol Valley as well.
Message 26 of 80 (1,881 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Elements disappear from view in open story apartments

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Other update: Updated my GTX 1060 graphics drivers and still no experiencing this issue.

Message 27 of 80 (1,845 Views)

Objects vanish wen page up

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? if you have a build with a loft just page up to see object below vanish
What happens when the bug occurs? objects and sims on lower level of loft disappear when page up
What do you expect to see? i expect to still see objects and sims on lower level
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. this occurred after the quick patch that was issued after get famous release.

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them to the most recent, Get Famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you have a loft or any opening to a lower level in a build, the objects and sims below will vanish when you page up. This happens both in live move, camera mode, and build and buy. It may not happen in all games.
What happens when the bug occurs? The objects and sims below will vanish when you page up.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the objects and sims below the loft in the building like i did before.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The issue started right after the quick patch that followed the Get Famous release. I took out my entire mods folder and the issue still occurred.

12-11-18_6-38-10 PM.png12-11-18_6-38-43 PM.pngP2jRw2X.pnggrdYHt1.png

Message 28 of 80 (1,808 Views)

Re: Objects vanish wen page up

Hero (Retired)

@taydevsim merged with existing reports for this issue.

Message 29 of 80 (1,779 Views)

stairs

★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not really sure how you can find this bug exactly i just found it myself and im including a picture.
What happens when the bug occurs? As soon as you change to the floor where the stairs are located or leading up to you can see through the stairs.
What do you expect to see? I don't really know I just wanted to report it so it can maybe be fixed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Since the latest Sims 4 patch.

So the bug only occurs on the top of the stairs and if you go a floor down you can actually see them perfectly. I attached a screenshot so it's easier to understand. I removed all Mods, cleared my Cache and repaired the game to see if the bug is still there and it was so now I'm clueless how to actually fix it and hope you guys can help me. Also it occurs since the latest Patch. 

Message 30 of 80 (1,802 Views)