Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CL] Cloudgaze with option gone when apartment lot is loaded

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try cloud gazing with another Sim in San Myshuno
What happens when the bug occurs? The option does not appear
What do you expect to see? The option to cloudgaze with to appear
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My option to cloudgaze with another sim is gone. I can cloudgaze with just my sim, but the option to cloudgaze with another sim is completely gone. 

I've taken mods and cc out, option still not there. I removed my Sims 4 folder and had another respawn and repaired game via origin and the option still isn't showing up. 

This is just since the patch/City Living install. 

If you need any other info, dxdiag, or save file, let me know. 

Message 1 of 11 (7,353 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO TEST] Cloudgaze option gone

Hero

Fixed an issue that Simmers with Outdoor Retreat and City Living didn’t have the “Ask to Cloudgaze” interaction available in San Myshuno apartments.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (5,267 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Did you start a completely new game for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (7,243 Views)

★★★★ Pro

But the interaction is still there. If you choose the "friendly" category, you can ask every Sim to watch the clouds with you. It works immediately.

Message 3 of 11 (7,234 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict This is a new save started with City Living was released. I'll start another new save to test, but it's missing from all my saves. 

@alanmichael1 Actually, no... the interaction isn't anywhere. I've looked. I use cloudgaze with other sims all the time for the amazingly quick boost to relationships. I searched everywhere after city living was installed and it's not under any of the categories.... not on any sim, so therefore it doesn't work immediately for me cause it's completely missing with other sims. My sim can cloudgaze by herself, not with others. 

Message 4 of 11 (7,223 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict I started a new save in San Myshuno and still no option to cloudgaze with others. Curious, I moved my new sim to oasis springs, and she immediately has the option to cloudgaze with other sims. So I went back in my save that I started when I got city living (my sim there also lives in San Myshuno) and had her travel to Oasis Springs park. She immediately gets the option to cloudgaze at the park. 

So it seems that the issue with cloudgazing is limited to San Myshuno. 

Message 5 of 11 (7,216 Views)

★★★★ Pro

You are right, I also tested this at my public pool in Oasis Springs Thinking

Message 6 of 11 (7,202 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Cloudgaze with option gone when apartment lot is loaded

★ Apprentice

This is happening to me as well, even with a completely vanilla game. The option to cloudgaze/stargaze with another Sim is completely missing from San Myshuno. It works exactly as it should in any other lot in any other world, but not with apartment lots. I'm majorly bummed, because it's one of my favorite interactions. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

Message 7 of 11 (7,091 Views)

★★ Guide

It's happening with me as well on the large penthouse in Myshuno out on the balcony with grass. Interaction won't come up. Glad to know it's just in Myshuno but I want it fixed.

Message 8 of 11 (6,160 Views)

Hero
Added back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (6,043 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Still happening in new town. Can Cloudgaze in Willow Creek but not in Solus. Have not tried other towns.
Message 10 of 11 (5,402 Views)