[FIXED] [CL] Babies spawn in off location in apartments

by Kimathen

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Babies spawn in off location in apartments

★★★ Newbie

I tried this, and now I can't even find the location of the baby. When i try to center it takes me to the air next to the apartment building. I'm hoping disabling needs decay will keep them from being taken by child services...

Message 21 of 44 (1,944 Views)

Hero

Did you try moving to a house instead ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 44 (1,940 Views)

★ Guide

OK. I'll see if there's a way as I'm really unsure a fix they put in would actually fix existing cribs in hallways.

I'm unsure if anyone else had that issue where the crib didn't come with them when they moved.

Good Luck and Happy Simmin
Crin

Hi Crin,

I'm going to go ahead and forget about this problem (at least, for now) so I won't be u/l'ing the file. I went ahead and moved my single sim over to the Old Salt House. I do appreciate your willingness to help me, but with the holidays coming (we're hosting TDay lol!), I won't be playing as much.

Again, thank you!

Message 23 of 44 (1,926 Views)

Hero

• We have fixed the issue of babies getting stuck in apartments; stuck babies will be unstuck, and babies will hereby no longer get stuck again. We hope… for everyone’s sake.

This has been fixed in Patch 1.24.112

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 44 (5,422 Views)

★ Guide

Crin, please don't close this thread or mark it as "solved"

My game is fully patched as of a few minutes ago and the crib was not removed from the hallway. It is STILL there.

Message 25 of 44 (1,894 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Can you try switch to that family ?

The bug as such is fixed hence I'm marking it as such but maybe there's still affected saves that don't work well with removing.

My offer still stands. Send me your save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 44 (1,889 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I can't switch to the family because I have no idea who they were(?) Do you know who the original family was in that location? That's who was pregnant and spawned the crib when she went to empty the trash. I have no idea who lived there Frown   All I did was move a sim into Jasmine and within minutes... boom! the crib was in the hallway.

I will try and send you my latest save... is that the one you'd like?

Message 27 of 44 (1,886 Views)

★ Guide

It's uploading to mediafire...

Message 28 of 44 (1,879 Views)

Hero

The one with the crib in the hallway.

I'll check it out

Are you saying, you moved a family that had a crib and that's still spawning in the hallway on moving ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 44 (1,874 Views)

★ Guide

The one with the crib in the hallway.

I'll check it out

Are you saying, you moved a family that had a crib and that's still spawning in the hallway on moving ?

The file is done uploading. How will you know where to find it tho? It just says "upload complete".

I don't know how else to tell you what happened other than what I've been saying Frown

Here is what happened:

I loaded CL for the very first time after purchasing.

I moved an existing sim into an apartment in the Jasmine building. He is a single, male sim.

He went into the apartment and within minutes, the female, pregnant sim from across the hall (put there by EA) came out to empty the trash.

As soon as she did that, a crib appeared in the hallway.

The crib remained in the hallway even after the EA sim disappeared back into her apartment.

The crib remained for days on end.

I wanted to get rid of the crib, so I went into the EA apartment and moved/evicted the pregnant family out (no idea who they were).

I demo'd the apartment as much as I could (trying to remove any trace of the previous family) in an effort to get rid of the crib.

Nothing worked. The crib is still in the hallway.

My game is fully patched. I even ran "repair" and it is still there in the hallway.

Message 30 of 44 (1,869 Views)