Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CL] Apartment Keyholders constantly drink milk and juice

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use an old save file. Have SIMs live in San Myshuno apartments. (Mine were in Culpepper Apartments) Give keys to friends and wait for the 'game night' or 'visiting the city can we crash at your place' events.
What happens when the bug occurs? Apartment keyholder visitors will constantly visit the refrigerator for milk and juice.
What do you expect to see? Apartment keyholders will get juice and milk from the refrigerator constantly during the 'game night' or 'visiting the city' events.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This was happening pre-patch but got worse afterward. I resorted to putting the refrigerator in a pantry and locking the pantry door to guests.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 10 (3,856 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Apartment Keyholders constantly drink milk and juice

Hero

Did you ever regret trusting some Sims enough to give them your apartment keys to constantly get visits from them for Milk and Juice? You can rest assured that they will no longer visit you for this purpose. I think some neighborly love is appreciated, but this went beyond the proverbial “May I have a cup of sugar?” type of situation.

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (2,897 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] Apartment Keyholders constantly drink milk and juice

★★★★★ Guide

Maybe they think they're college students? X-D (I don't have Discover University and am on patch hiatus, but that sounds like likely behavior for that group of people. Wink )

Message 2 of 10 (3,771 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It was happening before the patch and continued after Nov 12's patch. I don't think it involves the University gameplay. I was not able to recreate this with the same couple living in a house in a different neighborhood. It only happened with apartment key holders during the key holder drop by events. I don't have the University EP yet. Won't until after Novemeber 20 release. 

Message 3 of 10 (3,752 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Cheshyr1 : Yeah, simvasion told me on Discord that's been a thing for way longer than that. ^_^; ("For years I've played at Penny Pizzazz and all her keyholder friends do when they drop by is head to her bathroom and fill it with glasses of water." X-D)
Message 4 of 10 (3,748 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Has he had that problem with them getting drinks from the refrigerator? Mine haven't been visiting the sink, but have abused my poor refrigerator.

Message 5 of 10 (3,735 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well, I have not seen this problem until recently. My familly's moved into the apartment, and now their friends (with keys) constantly drink juice, water or whatever they can take from the fridge. They even sit on their knees in front of the fridge sipping.... It's weird...

Message 6 of 10 (3,651 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

If anyone is still seeing this issue could you possibly share a save file with me? You can DM the link to me, thanks so much for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 10 (3,535 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Just got City Living, and I see this all the time from keyholders (who all seem to always all show up together). Everyone heads to the fridge and, at the end of the visit, I spend a couple Sim hours collecting glasses & doing the dishes. 

I'll see about getting you the save file.

Message 8 of 10 (3,419 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this issue as well, the Sim I've given an apartment key to drops by for game night, a surprise visit or to get ready for going out and just stands in front of the fridge and drinking juice, water or milk.

There's a "Friend's Hangout" event indicator in the top left, but it shows the title only.

The key doesn't seem to be useful as a key either since the Sim with a key can't enter a locked apartment despite having a key, and there is no option to have the apartment unlocked for the keyholder specifically.

@SimGuruNick I can provide a save file if you still need this.

Message 9 of 10 (3,251 Views)

Hero

Did you ever regret trusting some Sims enough to give them your apartment keys to constantly get visits from them for Milk and Juice? You can rest assured that they will no longer visit you for this purpose. I think some neighborly love is appreciated, but this went beyond the proverbial “May I have a cup of sugar?” type of situation.

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (2,898 Views)