Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CHEAT] CTD when attempting to change rate at which time passe

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CHEAT] CTD when attempting to change rate at which time passes

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get together and Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the in-game console and send the command "clock._set_milliseconds_per_sim_second 26". Note that the number doesn't need to be 26, any number apart from what it is currently will do (By default its set to 25).
What happens when the bug occurs? Immediate crash to desktop.
What do you expect to see? You would expect to see a change in the number real time millisecond that passes for every Sim second.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This command would also seem to be the only possible way to change how fast the game's time passes on the fly via modding. I'm not sure if your suppose to be able to do so, but I feel like the instant crash to desktop is not intended. Additionally using the command seems to only crash the game if it is called when a lot is loaded, otherwise it works fine.

Message 1 of 3 (1,044 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CHEAT] CTD when attempting to change rate at which time passe

Hero

The cheat "clock._set_milliseconds_per_sim_second" should no longer crash the game.
- If you know what this cheat does, feel free to let SimGuruNinja know.

Fixed in Patch 1.56.52

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (967 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@ElectronicSheepV I can replicate this but note that cheats aren't officially supported.

I'll forward this anyways though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (1,027 Views)

Hero

The cheat "clock._set_milliseconds_per_sim_second" should no longer crash the game.
- If you know what this cheat does, feel free to let SimGuruNinja know.

Fixed in Patch 1.56.52

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (968 Views)