Re: [OPEN] [CD] Whiskers not showing up on cats in CAP

by simaddict1990

Original Post

The pet has no beard.

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 日本語
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check the pet in CAS. Check existing pets in gameplay.
What happens when the bug occurs? The pet has no beard.
What do you expect to see? My pet has a beard.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I made a pet for the first time in a while, I noticed that it had no beard. Even if you select from the beard list, it will not be reflected. When I checked the existing pet, it had no beard. Maybe from a recent patch?

Message 41 of 54 (1,503 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

I also noticed I do not have any whiskers for my pets. Please fix!

Message 42 of 54 (1,418 Views)

Cats and Dogs - Cats missing whiskers

★★ Guide

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to CAS and make a new cat.
What happens when the bug occurs? Cats do not have whiskers.
What do you expect to see? Cats to have whiskers and the whiskers customization to change them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Cats don't seem to have visible whiskers anymore - not in CAS, haven't checked live mode yet. The whiskers edit does nothing, and they just do not appear. I don't know exactly when it happened, but I am fully updated, pulled all my mods, and still no whiskers.

Message 43 of 54 (1,392 Views)

★ Pro

At first I thought it was just that all my cats have gotten old, but then I noticed that no cats have whiskers. Not in CAP or in game.

In game:

06-05-21_8_55_36 PM.jpg

CAP:

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 9.00.34 PM.jpg

Message 44 of 54 (1,300 Views)

Bug Report: Shared Pc & XBox One

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Journey to Batuu, Nifty Knitting, and Paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Add a cat to the household in Create-A-Sim
What happens when the bug occurs? Cat Sims lack whiskers. Persists outside of CAS as well. Noticed on both PC and XBox One.
What do you expect to see? I expect my Cats to have whiskers
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I am bringing this to the forum as it seems to be one of many bugs ignored/unnoticed.
Both on XBox One and on PC, Cat Sims lack whiskers. This can be seen both inside and outside of CAS, however it is most glaringly obvious in CAS.

There has been a bug-fix patch since the Likes/Dislikes update, which I had hoped would have fixed it.
However, since before Likes/Dislikes Cat Sims have lacked whiskers.
I do not know when exactly this first occurred.
My XBox One version has only Cats & Dogs, My First Pet, and Island Living on it. Cats & Dogs being the FIRST thing purchased.
And I actually LOVE the whisker options, so I was very upset to see NO whiskers appearing on any kitties.
My PC version has all but a handful of DLC.
I shouldn't be noticing such an obvious bug on BOTH versions, yet here we are.

Really, I've noticed both PC and Xbox One share a lot of bugs, actually I've just logged 90 of them currently, but that's for another post.
Right now, my cats need whiskers. All cats need whiskers.

A quick note: I do plan on having CC & Mods on the PC version, however I wanted to do a quick vanilla test-run to see how broken the game is right off the bat.
I tend to brush off glitches and bugs when CC/Mods are active, unless it crashes the game.
I also am running TS4 on a brand new, high quality, and very expensive laptop- just in case anyone might wonder if an older computer could be the issue.

(merged post) - Atic

Message 45 of 54 (1,254 Views)

★★★ Guide

I've run into this too. I don't do a lot of pets, but know the whiskers definitely worked last I made a cat.

And for the sake of things: this is with graphics on max.

nowhisker.png

Message 46 of 54 (1,170 Views)

Re: Bug Report: Shared Pc & XBox One

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@EmoKawaiiChibiIt happens on Mac as well. Pretty sure it dates to the March hair update.

#JusticeForWhiskers

Message 47 of 54 (1,142 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Since nothing seems to be happening on EAs side I took a look at the (functioning!) default replacements by pickypikachu to figure out what might be wrong.

Turns out, the “Geometry” files for whiskers for some reason weren’t referenced (anymore?) in the game files (”Region Map” files).

I fixed the issue for adult cats as well as for kittens. You can download my mod on my tumblr:

[CM - Removed mod link]

BrokenWhiskersFixed.png

Message 48 of 54 (1,119 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict Sorry for tagging you, but do you think you can mark my mod posted above somehow for visibility so that people can find it easily and maybe someone on EAs side can use the info as well. I still hope that the issue can be officiallly fixed, since I don't think everybody can or wants to use mods.

Btw thank you so much for all the work you do here to keep the chaos organized for so many years now! :-)

Message 49 of 54 (1,060 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SimplyAnjuta I'm sorry, but mod links aren't allowed on AHQ.

I also usually don't accept mod workarounds as solution as they don't work for console.

I'll happily add it to the mod fix list though: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-Common-Game-Fixing-Mods-Hero-Approved/m-p/10111432...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 50 of 54 (1,042 Views)