[FIXED] [CD] Vet clinic staff won't do anything for hours

by SVandermeer95

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] [CD] Vet clinic staff won't do anything for hours

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox, mediafire, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

As for the growth thing: That might be on purpose cause you can't do much about that while your not there. I guess most is just simulated when you're not playing the lot.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 31 (4,523 Views)

★★★ Novice
Honestly not sure how also i have mods and cc
Message 12 of 31 (4,511 Views)

Hero

Did you test your game without mods and cc to see if the same happens ?

Reports in the bug forum should be on vanilla/unmodded games always.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 31 (4,509 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Vet clinic staff won't do anything for hours

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 14 of 31 (4,505 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also have this problem. I have no CC or mods and never have had.

My employee is trained up to level 7 vet skill, handiness and charisma, and yet he arrives and stands outside doing nothing until I call him over. Then he will stand around inside the clinic doing nothing but occasionally petting animals or viewing paintings.
I have tried criticising him and he says 'but.. but... I've been trying not to mess up' and then the option to criticise disappears but he still doesn't treat any patients. After 8 hours of being open when I had treated 7 other customers, he finally took a pet to the examining table. Then he immediately walked away and sat down and the pet was released from the table without having been examined or treated. I have to keep using 'disallow new customers' because my sim has to treat everyone themselves.

I know there is not a problem with the building / exam table layout as I am using the Maxis created Brindleton Pawspital (although I have added a living space that nobody but my sim and my sim's cat has access to).

I use Sims 4 for Mac on a Macbook Pro OS X El Capitan v 10.11.6. I have every game pack and expansion except for Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night and Toddler Stuff.

Message 15 of 31 (4,456 Views)

★★ Guide

I am also going through the same thing. Except with 3 employees. Its a pain in the butt having to pick up their slack and then the game has the nerve to say the employee is getting tired of working for so long. and its like they've done nothing but tried to gain friendship with the patients and pet them. I too play with no mods and no CC and I have repaired my game several times. It doesn't always happen but it does happen a majority of the time the clinic is open.

Message 16 of 31 (4,436 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
I am also having this problem. Some days they seem to work and take a decent amount of patients (although it's usually a few hours into the day before they will start). Other times my employees won't show up at all or will just stand around, dance or play with pets the whole day while the lobby is covered in pee and packed with unhappy patients. I have no mods or ccs. I have three employees fully maxed in all skills and two satisfied one neutral. I previously had a vet who quit after I tried criticizing her because she never showed up and when she did she wouldn't work. So I've been trying to be nice this time around to see if that helps but... Not really. Quite annoying. I am also curious about the surgery station. So far it seems that my vets aren't able to use it and whenever they take a patient who requires it they get stuck and will stop working until I go and treat the patient at the surgery station myself. I really hope this is a glitch that will be fixed soon.
Message 17 of 31 (4,411 Views)

★★★ Novice
Sounds exactly like what Im dealing with.
Message 18 of 31 (4,401 Views)

Hired vet stopped treating pets

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Build a clinic and buy it. 2. Hire 3 vet and train them to max level. 3. Close the clinic, and several days later, open it.
What happens when the bug occurs? [Played household's sim is in vet clinic] When open, they arrive to the clinic but they don't work. They just do: a. Admire some arts/posters inside/outside clinic. b. Complain about dirt when the pet spit dirty thing. And most of the time they don't clean. LOL c. Doing normal social interaction; talking to the pet instead of greeting as vet. ("heart" plumbob with *normal* introduction animation, not a "Suoo" "Truu upa") "pet" --- patient arried with their owner Close & Reopen doesn't fix. Sometimes, 4% of the time they work. --- [Changed sim to other household, and visit played household's clinic AS a patient.] They actually work; treat my sim's pet as normal.
What do you expect to see? Just work as normal. They stopped working after they reached to higher level. I didn't select any "responsibilities" option, and their mood is very good. Related to: forums.thesims.com/en_Us/discussion/929508/my-co-vets-are-not-treating-patients
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. C&D update

-

Message 19 of 31 (4,364 Views)

Re: Hired vet stopped treating pets

★★ Guide

When I fire one of them and hire new one, he/she will do the work - until I pay for training.

Tried on 4 different vet lot with different employee. Same result. I call this "vet slackers".

Message 20 of 31 (4,364 Views)