Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Vet clinic staff won't do anything for hours

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for bowling night stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By playing cats and dogs and entering the the vet clinic as purchased in game and hiring staff.
What happens when the bug occurs? After a while of owning a vet, the staff start to glitch and either won't do anything for hours or will be stuck on a loop of starting to examine pets and then will walk away. I've tried firing and rehiring different people but the same thing keeps happening. Sometimes workers won't even show up for work
What do you expect to see? Staff should be greeting customers and actually examining pets instead of standing around.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'm not sure what to do

Message 1 of 31 (40,310 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [CD] Vet clinic staff won't do anything for hours

[ Edited ]
Hero

Vet clinic staff will now work AS EXPECTED even if a TV or computer are on the lot. We had to update our staff policy. 

Marking this as fixed in Patch 1.44.77

If you still have issues with your vet staff, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-CD-Vet-Employees-not-doing-their-job/m-p/9631799

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 29 of 31 (39,604 Views)

All Replies

Re: [CD] Vet clinic staff won't do anything for hours

Hero

HI @SVandermeer95

what level of skill do they have ? Are they happy ? Did you send them to training ? 

Do you have dine out and similar issues there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 31 (40,220 Views)

★★ Novice

They're both level 3 at the vet skill and neutral. They have both received at least one set of training. Normally when they're first hired they will do as they're meant to but as soon as they start leveling up their behaviour changes.

Haven't experienced any issues with dine out. 

Thanks for the reply.

Message 3 of 31 (40,204 Views)

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save ? If so, please upload to some third party site like dropbox, mediafire, onedrive, google drive and PM me the link

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 31 (40,183 Views)

★★★ Novice
Ive been having the same issue!!
Message 5 of 31 (40,163 Views)

★ Novice

I've been having the same issues as too.

Trained up staff to level three in vet skill and all the do is stand around or say hi to the pets, made sure that they were instructed to treat patients but they never did. Fired that employee ( and subsequently ruined friendship) , the new one did take the pets to the table if I toggled their duties when a new customer arrived. They would raise the pet up, then almost immediately walk away without actually treating the pet, before proceeding to do nothing once again. 

Message 6 of 31 (40,136 Views)

Hero

I'll add this tot he unsure/not reproed section for now as we it sounds a bit like retail before.

If anyone could post some videos and try other employees as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 31 (40,119 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

My staff do this as well. I've got all three to level 10 in all skills, but they'll stand around watching tv or staring at pictures on the wall when there's a room full of patients. ETA: And I mean stand around for a good couple of hours, doing nothing while patients wait.

They do get around to treating the pets eventually, but I have to disallow new patients pretty regularly and tend to them myself if I don't want their wait time satisfaction to tank because my staff is so slow. I don't know if it's an inconvenient gameplay feature (prioritising watching tv/viewing paintings over employee actions) or an actual bug though.

I can't give you my save file unfortunately, because I like to do challenges and I have 15 saves in play at the moment. Sims 4 doesn't have helpful naming conventions they way Sims 3 did.

Message 8 of 31 (40,095 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [CD] Vet clinic staff won't do anything for hours

★★★ Novice
Mine have seemed to improve as their job satisfaction does and i dont have a tv to distract them. I used to bring my pets to work but the employees would always play with them instead of work so i leave them at home now. I also made each room bigger that way there was less of a problem of people getting in eachothers way. I make sure to praise them as often as possible.
Sometimes my one hot headed employee gets mad and stomps around insteas of working so i added 2 mirrors so that way he calms himself down and gets back to work.
Im also wondering if the employees can use the surgery station as i havent seen anyone try and some pets illnesses can only be fixed properly with surgery and i find still sometimes with these pets my employees get confused and once again do nothing and i have to take on that pet to get them to work again.
Message 9 of 31 (40,090 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [TO ADD] [CD] Vet clinic staff won't do anything for hours

★★★ Novice
WOW so I just tested this again. While i was at the clinic i was lucky to get 1 customer per hour open treated and paid for and i had to treat the majoroty of them (with 2 employees maxed level and 1 half way there and some advertizing)
.. but when i opened the clinic while i was at home playing w the dogs i left it open for 9 hours and got 38 customers so thats an insane difference which to me proves that them not working while im there MUST be a bug of some sort not just faulty gameplay/cc/mods/ etc..

However the customer reviews arent showing the growth opportunities or excellence in the report after closimg the vet while not having my sim physically there. they just say check back later with a picture of a magnifying glass with a question mark.

Thoughts on any of this???
Message 10 of 31 (40,059 Views)