[FIXED] [CD] Unable to use pet poop as fertilizer

by ANTONJPSTER

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Unable to use pet poop as fertilizer

★★★★ Apprentice

I have this problem too. I am playing on Macbook, 10.14.6, and where I have noticed this bug is trying to fertilize plants in Sulani.   I am having the same behavior, the Sim appears to fertilize the plant, but fertilize option is still available after and the poop is not used. Can fertilize with other plants.

Message 11 of 34 (1,296 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Unable to use pet poop as fertilizer

★ Guide
@ANTONJPSTER I an having the same issue. My sim does the interaction, but the poop stays in my sim's inventory. The fertilize option does not grey out like when you fertilize with something else. I did notice that I can stand there and fertilize over and over with pet poop and the plants will eventually get the evolve option, so I think it's doing SOMETHING, but it's not working as intended.
Message 12 of 34 (1,263 Views)

★ Novice
@ANTONJPSTER This is still an issue, I have a dog-mom with 6 large dogs!! She loves to garden, but all that poop is going to waste... Not to mention the large poop description reads, "This Large Pet Poop is the stinkiest and smelliest of all the pet poop. This will prove to be excellent fertilizer for gardening."
Message 13 of 34 (1,200 Views)

★★ Pro

I see this in my game too and pet poop has always been a great fertilizer! I was so confused to find it doesn't work now, because I've been away from the game and didn't realize what was going on till I found this thread!

Message 14 of 34 (1,186 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Exact same issue. I can fertilize up to 7 plants with a single fish, but if I select pet poop as the fertilizer the sim goes through all the motions of fertilizing, but the poop remains in inventory and the plants remain unfertilized. I have no mods or CC and have never had either.

EditScratch that. Only the first plant is fertilized using fish. So pet poop doesn't work at all and any other fertilizer must fertilize plants one by one Frown

(merge post) - Atic 

Message 15 of 34 (1,103 Views)

★★ Guide

This doesn't work for me either. It's just the pet poop. All the other fertilizers work fine so long as you don't que them up. I'm also having the added problem of the fertilizing only working on the first plant in the que so I'll be adding my "me too" over there as well. Wink

Message 16 of 34 (1,076 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yup. I have had the same issue for months - you can't queue up fertilizing. It's very tedious!

Message 17 of 34 (1,058 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ANTONJPSTER I have this problem as well. I cam here looking for an answer. I hope someone gets this fixed soon.
Message 18 of 34 (1,029 Views)

Pet Poop Fertilization Glitch

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 Cats & Dogs Vampires Strangerville Realm of Magic Dine Out My First Pet Stuff Movie Hangout Stuff Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to fertilize plants with brown Large Pet Poop or brown Small Pet Poop
What happens when the bug occurs? The plant is not fertilized, poop does not leave the inventory. I was able to find a golden small pet poop that did work... how and why was it even gold though and how do I get more of those... but also why does the regular ones not work?
What do you expect to see? Expect the plant to be fertilized and pet poop removed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I also have an issue where my sims just get stuck... and don't respond to any actions I try to have them do.  

Ex:  Walking a dog down along the beach.  Asked it to dig something up.  Clicked on the item to open... sim was frozen, didn't move.  Unleashed dog.  Sim still frozen, wouldn't move.  Has happened MULTIPLE times in multiple situations and the only way I can get the Sim to move again is to save, exit and return which is annoying.

Message 19 of 34 (945 Views)

Re: Pet Poop Fertilization Glitch

★★★★ Apprentice
@AngelicDevil90 I'm just another player, this is not an official response. But I think the gold poop comes from a pet that has eaten a Poop Randomizer treat. Thanks for letting us know that still works, maybe I will try to get some gold poop!

It sounds like you are having general freezing issues with the game which is common. Check out this page for instructions on clearing your cache files: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cachebackup.php

Another helpful thing is to go into your saves folder and clean it up by deleting any save files that have .ver after them. (If this makes you nervous just move them to another file.) Also, you can try repairing the game in Origin. Since I have started "cleaning up" my game after each play session my games are running much better.
Message 20 of 34 (907 Views)