vets won't neuter pets

by lissrupp

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Unable to perform vet surgery/ spray & unspray

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is happening to me as well. I as of posting own all current packs including StrangerVille and ensure my game us up to date. I play of PC not Mac though. 

I have 2 female German Shepherds who were previously bread through one household's dogs and now these two female Shepards live in a different household. (The daughter has them) They are both currently in heat and to be honest, it's driving me crazy. They seem to get into heat at different times and I want to desex at least one as I want one of the dogs to have a single litter before I get her desexed. I previously tried to get them fixed months ago in real time on another save but this bug is so old that its been happening for so long. I don't want to change their gender as I didn't make these two dogs, these were born as female dogs and I hate changing the gender of sims or animals if they have been born in that state in the game. 

Also my sims are very busy. They're both just starting out in the acting career and I want them to be really famous before they quit and do something else. So they don't have time to learn how to operate those machines.

Message 61 of 84 (3,093 Views)

★★ Guide

I discovered that your sim needs no vet skill to spay/neuter at home, all you need to do is buy the machine, do the surgery, and then sell it...so that works as a workaround unless you don't have the space for the machine. 

Message 62 of 84 (3,073 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Ah ok. Thanks for the tip. So the bug is only occuring at the vet, interesting. Glad to know you don't have any vet skills to use it either, that helps a lot too. I know that the Gurus know about this bug and are aware of the many other bugs that are occurring in the game, it's just frustrating when noting is done about it for months on end, and they release new content (which is great and all and I appreciate it) and it creates more problems that don't get seen to for months on end. Not sure if you read the recent tweet, but just letting you know to check your computers to see if they run on a 64bit system processor as the Sims 4 will no longer be compatible with older models. There will be a legacy edition for those who have an older pcs/ Macs.
Message 63 of 84 (3,061 Views)

Unable to perform vet surgery/ spray & unspray on cats & dogs

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? sp
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, all game packs, all stuff packs except Toddler Stuff and Kids Room Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your Sim take their pet to the vet to get them spayed/neutered.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim's pet goes to the surgery machine with the vet, gets into the machine, and then immediately pops out without having been spayed/neutered.
What do you expect to see? I expect my pet to come out of the machine spayed/neutered and wearing a cone.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Pets do not get spayed/neutered at the vet.  I tried repairing the game to fix the problem, it didn't work.  I tried removing all my mods to fix the problem, it didn't work.  I tried deleting the cache, it didn't work.  I tried regenerating the Sims 4 folder and taking a pet to the vet to get spayed/neutered without any custom content or mods, it still didn't work.  Finally, I tried uninstalling the game, remove all traces of it from m PC, and then reinstalled everything without mods or custom content, it still didn't work.  What is wrong with my game?

Message 64 of 84 (3,045 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am having this problem as well!  It is very frustrating that EA hasn't fixed such a long running issue!

Message 65 of 84 (3,044 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Unable to perform vet surgery/ spay & unspay

★ Apprentice

I have had a similar issue with the neuter/spay operations.  Pets go in the machine and then come right back out without being fixed 100% of the time.  Right now I cannot neuter/spay my pets at all.

Message 66 of 84 (2,990 Views)

vets won't neuter pets

★★★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, and Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the vet clinic and check in to "spay/neuter" a pet
What happens when the bug occurs? the vets will go to the surgery station as normal but the pet will go in for surgery and come right back out with nothing happening
What do you expect to see? My pet to be spayed/neutered without having to go into cas.fulleditmode
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have a couple of pet related mods installed but they just stop the constant want for sims to pet their animal and the other makes dog walks shorter, I don't think that would interfere with the vet clinic.

Message 67 of 84 (2,960 Views)

Re: vets won't neuter pets

Hero

Hi @lissrupp 

I merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 68 of 84 (2,947 Views)

vets can’t do surgery

★★★★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs City living Famous Seasons Get together Get to work Parenthood Dine out Spa day Outdoor retreat Toddler Fitness Vintage Perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By owning a vet and attempting surgery
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim goes to perform surgery on pet. Once the pet goes into the machine, sim stops and goes and stands by machine and starts to dance. Pet remains in machine and cancelling doesn’t not get it out. You have to debug the machine to get it out. Surgery can never be performed. Tried on multiple machines, tried rebooting, leaving and coming back, debugging sim, nothing works.
What do you expect to see? Being able to select surgery needed and perform it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs City living Famous Seasons Get together Get to work Parenthood Dine out Spa day Outdoor retreat Toddler Fitness Vintage Perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By owning a vet and attempting surgery
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim goes to perform surgery on pet. Once the pet goes into the machine, sim stops and goes and stands by machine and starts to dance. Pet remains in machine and cancelling doesn’t not get it out. You have to debug the machine to get it out. Surgery can never be performed. Tried on multiple machines, tried rebooting, leaving and coming back, debugging sim, nothing works.
What do you expect to see? Being able to select surgery needed and perform it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.

Message 69 of 84 (2,933 Views)

Sims pets Spay/Neuter

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs and stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move animal to surgery station and try perform a surgery.
What happens when the bug occurs? I'm unable to perform surgery on any pet that comes into my sims veterinary clinic. I am able to move the cat or dog to the surgery station but then I get no option to perform any surgeries and the screen that my sim looks at stays black. The only option I get is to cone of shame the poor animal
What do you expect to see? The ability to perform surgeries on the animals in the surgery station.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?Neutral/Not Sure 

So far I've tried the following:

• Leveled up my Sim to Vet lvl 10. 
  • Bought a pre-made clinic. 
  • Made a custom clinic. 
  • Made a new family and leveled up the new sim to vet lvl 10. 
  • Repaired the game in Origin. 
  • Reinstalled the Sims 4.

Any help would be awesome thanks

Message 70 of 84 (2,883 Views)