Re: [OPEN] [CD] Unable to perform vet surgery/ spray & unspray

by stormsview

Original Post

Re: Spay Issue - Sims 4

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I tried changing my pets' status with cas.fulleditmode on, but I can't edit whether a pet is fixed or not in CAS at all. The options are grayed out, and when I click on them, the options box only pops up for a fraction of a second and I'm not able to click on anything to change the pet to "fixed."

Should I make a separate bug report for this issue?

simsissue01.jpg

Message 41 of 84 (1,998 Views)

Hero

Does it work if it's a new pet ?

I think for now it's fine. If this bug gets fixed but the cheat is still an issue, it's early enough to make a report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 84 (1,987 Views)

★★★ Novice

The problem is the same whether it's for a new or existing pet, and whether any cheats are on or not. It's been like that since I first installed the expansion, which was less than two months ago.

Message 43 of 84 (1,983 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

This is still broken, any chance on a fix? Got kittens flying all over due to this........

Tried 2 saves so it is 100% broken for sure.

Message 44 of 84 (1,933 Views)

★★★ Novice

Not only can I not spay/neuter any pets I brought in from CAS, but I adopted two cats that were listed as spayed/neutered, but when I go to the vet clinic to unspay or neuter, it says there are no animals available to perform that procedure on. Spay/neuter....is still available, but as everyone else has said, the machine takes them in and spits them out without doing anything.  This is getting really frustrating because the pets won't breed, they can't interact, they fill up my queue....which each of these things is their own thread on here but I just want to play the game without finding out I can't do certain actions, or having my animal fill up my queue!

Seriously, EA, get you're stuff together because I've been a loyal fan since the beginning, and you're making me want to stop wasting my money on games that you can't even fix in a timely manner.  I'm not expecting it to work perfectly every time, because I don't know how difficult or easy it is....I don't know how to program and design....but I've seen posts about some of these issues from 2017. Maybe if you put off creating new games, and focused on fixing the issues in what has already been released, you wouldn't alienate your biggest supporters. Just my two cents.

Message 45 of 84 (1,907 Views)

Spaying my dog is not working.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try spaying a pet
What happens when the bug occurs? Dog still goes into heat after being spayed 2 times.
What do you expect to see? Pets not going into heat when they are fixed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So my dog, I forgot to fix her in the CAS when I made her. She was living with 1 sim at first, he went and got her spayed, I thought everything was fine after, as she didn't go into heat anymore. However, the sim got married and moved later on and after that, the dog started to go into heat again. I thought it was weird so I just went to get her spayed again. She was still howling when she got home. I then just managed the household and set her to fixed that way, but a few sim days later, shes in heat again.

I removed all mods and cc I had and started the game without it. She is still in heat.

I've been hearing about others with this same issue.

Edit: I just tried to get her spayed again, twice in a row. Here is a video of the 2nd attempt https://youtu.be/ZagRx-EukAE . Soon as she gets out she's still howling and I can still check her in for another spay.

Message 46 of 84 (1,902 Views)

Re: Spaying my dog is not working.

Hero

Hi @WonhoIsMyDaddy 

merged your post with existing thread.

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 47 of 84 (1,873 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same issue, just bought the pack a few days ago, and this is a really big problem.. hope EA fixes it soon.

Message 48 of 84 (1,818 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm also having this issue.  When will it be fixed?

Message 49 of 84 (1,788 Views)

★ Guide

I was also having this issue. After reading some of the comments on this thread I decided to just transfer the pets that needed to be fixed into the household of a level 10 Vet, and while their Vet clinic was closed the Vet and the Pet traveled to her clinic, I just clicked on the surgery station and that was the option that came up. So I did spray the pet, afterward, I just sent them back to their owners. Also, I had this problem with male and female pets, also cats or dogs.

I hope it last.

Message 50 of 84 (1,757 Views)