by morGGan_ck

Original Post

Re: adoption agent - he won't leave/do his job

★★★★★ Apprentice

in a house, i am not using any mods

Message 11 of 28 (2,626 Views)

Hero
you can try adding the adoption person to your family, then delete through household manager. Maybe you can then try adoption again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 28 (2,618 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hello I'm having the same issue, adoption lady has arrived but no sign of any carrier or pet. Clicked end adoption evaluation several times and nothing happens. Is there a solution to this? I have no mods installed or enabled and game is fully updated. I've even closed the game and repaired it through origin but made no difference.
Message 13 of 28 (2,524 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hi crinrict I've tried adding the adoption lady to my family, then deleted her through manage worlds and editing the household but when I try to adopt again the option is faint/ can't select it and says there's already an adoption event in progress, can we try anything else? Thanks
Message 14 of 28 (2,520 Views)

Hero
Except loading an older save, nope, sorry.

I've tried a save where this worked but there might be multiple issues. You an try waiting some to see if it resolves itself.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 28 (2,501 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] The adoption agency doesn't do their job

Hero

Changing to Needs Input cause of the vague patch notes in 1.44.77

Fixed situations where Sims were unable to adopt cats or dogs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 28 (2,394 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Get Together, Dine out, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, Vampires, Backyard stuff, Fitness Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff.

Extra Stuff: Holiday Celebration Pack.

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to adopt a pet (cat or dog) through the phone or computer.

What happens when the bug occurs? The pet doesn't get delivered after trying to adopt and then later the pet becomes a stray.

What do you expect to see? That the pet will be there when the adoption agent arrives and gives me the pet.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I had but deleted them all to try to fix the problem but it did not work.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not sure when it started but I've had the issues for a long time now.

Tried fixes:

• Removed CC
• Started new save file
• Reinstalled the game
• Delete Cache

Message 17 of 28 (2,370 Views)

Hero

Hi @Nikatasali

do you happen to have a save shortly before the adoption takes place ? Does this happen all the time ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 28 (2,359 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry I reply late.

It started when I got the game.

I've tried to save and not save before the adoption.

Message 19 of 28 (2,297 Views)

Hero
Thanks for the feedback

Continue to treat this as an open issue then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 28 (2,290 Views)