Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Storage objects have extra clutter slots behind them

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Place the Split Panel Dresser. Add a small clutter object to its surface (I used the Softly Brand Tissues). Continue to add clutter objects until you are unable to add any more. 2. Place The Floatin' Shelf. Add a small clutter object to its surface and continue to do so until you are unable to add any more.
What happens when the bug occurs? After adding four small objects to the dresser, you will find that you can place two more "on" the dresser, that will actually be placed about 1-1/2 tiles behind it, in the air. Note that this is with bb.moveobjects toggled OFF. You can tell that the objects have been slotted onto the dresser by picking up the dresser and noting that they move with it. Similarly, when placing objects onto The Floatin' Shelf, after adding two, you can place a third that again appears behind it, in the air.
What do you expect to see? No additional slots beyond those on the dresser's and bookshelf's surfaces.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. These are new objects from Cats and Dogs.

Here are screen shots demonstrating the issue:

01-24-18_12-32-10 PM.png

floatinshelf.jpg

Message 1 of 3 (882 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Storage objects have extra clutter slots behind them

Hero (Retired)

I have tested, and both objects were fixed in the 4/17/18 patch.  From the patch notes:

"The Split Panel Dresser and The Floatin' Shelf bookshelf will no longer allow you to place objects floating behind them.

• This does not impact the move objects cheat, but in the case of these two objects they had slots for object placement incorrectly floating in space behind them."

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (803 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro

See this in my game for both objects, too.  Actually, I have 4 slots behind The Floatin' Shelf.  I do love slots on objects but on the object itself works better, lol.

Message 2 of 3 (794 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I have tested, and both objects were fixed in the 4/17/18 patch.  From the patch notes:

"The Split Panel Dresser and The Floatin' Shelf bookshelf will no longer allow you to place objects floating behind them.

• This does not impact the move objects cheat, but in the case of these two objects they had slots for object placement incorrectly floating in space behind them."
Message 3 of 3 (804 Views)