Re: My cat keeps having kittens, the virgin Mary of cats

by jmeyers34

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 cats and dogs: neutered dog in heat?

★★★ Novice

I can confirm that this has just happened to me too. I have never played with any mods or cc so I know it's not related to that. I got my cat spayed at the vet after she went exploring and got pregnant the first time the notification that she had gotten spayed came up and I thought I was all in the clear. She just became an elder cat in the game and then to my surprise I got a notification that she was going into labor and then had 1 male kitten which was then added to my household. She has the free spirit trait so she randomly runs off for long periods of time which is most likely when she got pregnant.

Message 31 of 55 (1,467 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Spayed cat gone into labor

★ Guide

Same thing here.  I only noticed this after installing My First Pet pack, but that may just be a coincidence.  I DO have mods installed, but this issue is one that doesn't seem to be affected by them, since non-mod users are having the same issue.  I'll adopt them into another family, but I really hope it doesn't happen again.  I even went into full edit CAS to make sure she's set to fixed, and she is. If it happens again, I'll update this post.

Message 32 of 55 (1,396 Views)

★★ Novice

For me it only affected my cat that had the free spirit trait, so i use the full edit mode and changed her trait, no more kittens! Had to get rid of about 10 kittens though :/ It was really annoying to deal with, so please EA fix this bug!!!

Message 33 of 55 (1,354 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same for me. No mod in my game. My cat is prayed, but stil got babies TWO TIMES !

Message 34 of 55 (1,310 Views)

Spayed Kitten Ages Up Unspayed

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Adopt a female kitten listed as spayed and wait for her to age into an adult.
What happens when the bug occurs? The cat, despite being listed as spayed as a kitten, ages up and is suddenly unspayed.
What do you expect to see? Cats that are spayed as kittens should remain spayed upon aging up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is really odd. For some reason, whenever I adopt a female kitten that's listed as spayed, she suddenly becomes unspayed upon aging up, going into heat and yowling. She's even listed as natural when I go to check her in CAS. I haven't tested this to see if it happens with neutered males, though, nor have I tested this with dogs.

Message 35 of 55 (1,286 Views)

Re: Spayed Kitten Ages Up Unspayed

Hero

@Lorraine-Simmer

for now, I'm treating this as the same issue as existing issue so I merged this,

Should one get solved but not the other, I'll split this again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 55 (1,263 Views)

[TO TEST] My cat keeps having kittens, the virgin Mary of cats

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats and dogs, city living, get to work, Jungle adventure, get together, parenthood, laundry day, spa day, outdoor retreat, vampires, dine out, vintage stuff, romantic garden, movie night, spooky, cool kitchen, luxury party, and perfect patio.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure, it just appeared with my cat,
What happens when the bug occurs? the cat keeps getting pregnant even though it never leaves the house and is spayed
What do you expect to see? many many kittens. my cat is stuck being pregnant and keeps having kittens
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Cat had Kittens. I was fine with it. Though I never told them to mate. I figured it was a new feature considering that cats wander around and such giving it a more real-life feeling... she got pregnant again and I had to give the new kittens up for adoption. I got all three of my cats spayed.  Problem solve right? Nope, even after being spayed she has had two litters now.  This is a very annoying glitch because every time I give them up my sims gets sad. I do have mods, But in previous families, I have never had this problem. please help! I have removed mods and it still happens.

Message 37 of 55 (1,420 Views)

Hero
Hi @jmeyers34

there is an issue with sprayed cats getting pregnant but this sounds different.

Do you only have it with that one cat or does it also happen to all three of them ?

It's possible that the cat got bugged through a mod even if you remove the mod.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 55 (1,400 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No, it only happens with my first cat. I've noticed that she has never left the house and still gets pregnant even though All three are female and spayed. 

Message 39 of 55 (1,379 Views)

Hero
Then it's really hard to tell what bugged her out.

What kinds of mods do you have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 55 (1,373 Views)