Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Sprayed cat gone into labor

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs; City Living; Get Together; Get to Work; Parenthood; Vampires; Dine Out; Spa Day; Outdoor Retreat; Fitness Stuff; Vintage Glamour Stuff; Perfect Patio Stuff; Luxury Party Stuff; Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By spaying a cat and waiting for it to give birth.
What happens when the bug occurs? This only happened once. I get a notification saying my cat has gone into labor, while she was spayed after her first nest of kittens. After this notification I have to name the new kittens and they are added to my household.
What do you expect to see? That my spayed pets aren't able to get babies.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My custom content was enabled when this occured, but I can not easily 'test' this again when I disable my cc.

Message 1 of 55 (4,178 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [CD] Sprayed cat gone into labor

Hero

Spayed cats will no longer become pregnant after an adventure from the Free Spirit trait. Now they're super fixed.

Fixed in Patch 1.44.77

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 51 of 55 (3,403 Views)

All Replies

Re: [CD] Spayed cat gone into labor

Hero

Unfortunately, I can't take reports on modded games.

What kinds of cc are you using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 55 (4,113 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for your response.

I was afraid so, but I thought maybe other people would have the same problem without cc so I could just report it anyway. Standard smile

I'm only using some clothes and hairstyles in .package files.

Message 3 of 55 (4,101 Views)

Hero

Did the cat actually mate or just got pregnant.

I don't really think hair and clothing can cause such an issue but if it's a one off, it will be hard to duplicate and even harder to fix. So yeah, I would need reports on a fresh, cc free game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 55 (4,097 Views)

Hero

Nudge 

@MissyBojangles

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 55 (4,077 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I did not tell her to mate, but she has the free spirit trait, so she sometimes vanishes and comes back after some time. The trait says cats like these come back with surprises or something, which I guess being pregnant is one of? So maybe that's where she met some guy cat who impregnated her.

Message 6 of 55 (4,069 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Sorry to just crash in on your thread, but I had the same issue.

I started my game with one sim and one female cat. She gave birth to two kittens. I got her spayed and when the kittens became adults got them fixed too. Now today I got a notification that my youngest spayed female cat was in labor. She gave birth to three kittens.

I don't play with mods or CC.
Message 7 of 55 (4,027 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for crashing in! 

I was hoping that someone would encouter this problem without cc or mods, to know if this was a real bug or just something weird that I happened to have in my game.

Message 8 of 55 (3,999 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @Rydell91

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 9 of 55 (3,951 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Not a problem, I'll do it when I get home tonight.
Message 10 of 55 (3,935 Views)