[FIXED] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture/become companion for adopted Pets

by BlazeBard

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture/become companion for adopted Pets

★ Novice

I have a similar issue. Adopted a kitten with a household that consists of a married couple. The husband died because playing with the kitten was just too much fun, and his wife then invited him into the household as a ghost and married him again. He died before he could become companions with the kitten, and now that he's a ghost the option doesn't show up anymore, although it does still appear for his wife. Is this because he's a ghost? I'm not sure if it's because ghosts  cannot become companions with pets, or because of this bug. 

Message 151 of 222 (1,651 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue, my sim, who adopted the dog (from the agency, not a stray) can not lecture the pet. But her husband, can. 

Message 152 of 222 (1,601 Views)

★★★ Newbie

None of my sims can lecture their pets. I’ve tried to make different households in different worlds, and I’ve tried to get the pets in different ways. Doesn’t matter what age the sims are, if I made the animal while making the family, if there’s a person from the neighborhood moving in, if the animals are adopted... just doesn’t work! 

Message 153 of 222 (1,546 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I just purchased the Sims 4 + Cats&Dogs yesterday. I have no mods or anything. The first Sim I created in game I adopted the first three cats I found roaming around. I cannot lecture them. I maxed out the relationship bar with one cat and I cannot become his companion. I'm really frustrated because I can't complete her aspirations. Literally the first thing I try to do in the game is broken. Not very promising..
Message 154 of 222 (1,457 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Just as a quick update I did try the workaround found in this thread, and it was successful at restoring the actions to the cats I removed and replaced from the household. However, I did lose my relationship status with them. The actions are also missing from subsequent cats that are adopted. Doing this workaround every time you adopt a pet is lame.
Message 155 of 222 (1,447 Views)

Can't become companions with pet.

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? idk
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Weather, pets, and city
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Adopt a pet
What happens when the bug occurs? Can;t do it
What do you expect to see? companion with pets
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I can't become a companion to my dog, or lecture any bad habits. Yes the dog is adopted. It's quite irritating but I hope it gets resolved, 

Message 156 of 222 (1,422 Views)

Re: Can't become companions with pet.

Hero

Hi @Thudbug 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue

Please click me too on the first post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 157 of 222 (1,414 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Imnotamurlok wrote:

The workaround that has worked for me is putting all pets in the household up for adoption via "Hire Service." Then adopt them each back for 200 simoleons via "Hire Service." Once they're back in the household, you should be able to lecture/train them.

I ran into the bug after merging Mayor Whiskers into my family, but this workaround has seemingly fixed it.

Indeed putting my golden retriever up for adoption and adopting him back worked for this bug. However, 1) the relationship reset 2) the learned commands became unlearned, and 3) the traits became completely reshuffled. 

Basically, the dog only looked the same, but was otherwise an entirely new dog. 

Message 158 of 222 (1,393 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having this exact issue. I bought get famous and installed all my games on my laptop and I adopted 2 kittens and cannot lecture or train them. They just destroyed my bed and it costs $7,500 to replace it. Not cool, EA. -_-'

Message 159 of 222 (1,287 Views)

★★ Novice

Do we know if there is any likelihood of this being fixed yet? I love playing with pets and it’s annoying now not being able to train out misbehaviours and become companions.

Mine used to be fine a few weeks ago and now it’s all stopped working for me too! By the looks of this thread it’s been going on a while but we don’t seem to be getting any closer to a fix?

Seriously making me not want to play with pets and that is one of the things I love about sims!

Message 160 of 222 (1,224 Views)