Re: [OPEN] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture/become companion for adopted Pets

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I did the suggested workaround with the cheat console and IDs and it didn't do anything to give me ownership of the pets. My adult pets I adopted (strays) are still unlecturable. I have a pair of cats and a pair of dogs, and each had a baby and those pets are lecturable. Are there any other solutions/workarounds for forcing ownership?

Message 211 of 222 (1,536 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Are you sure you used the cheat right ? Did you use the info mod to check if the flag for the ownership is set correctly now ?

Are you using the allcheat mods and do you have the newest version of that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 212 of 222 (1,526 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes I followed all the instructions very carefully and triple checked I copied the IDs down right. When I put the cheat in for ownership nothing happens :/

Even checked by trying to discipline pets while catching them in the act (eating food on counters, drinking puddles, eating garbage)

All of my adult pets that were previously adopted are still bugged

Message 213 of 222 (1,521 Views)

Hero
So the tag wasn't really added as it should ?

There was someone else having issues as well but they found out they downloaded an old version of the allcheatmod. Did you download it from MTS or TwistedMexis Patron ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 214 of 222 (1,509 Views)

★★★ Newbie

MTS

Message 215 of 222 (1,507 Views)

Hero

Get the version from his patron/web page. It's free as well but the current one.

I don't know if MTS is.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 216 of 222 (1,492 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So nothing visibly tells you if it worked BUT I selected one of my dogs I tried the cheat for, and she has the option 'Become Companions (from being good friends)' so I can assume it worked?

Never had this option before and companionship = ownership right?

Just wanted to leave an update because it seems it worked if I am correct, thanks a bunch Standard smile

Edit: Yes! It worked! Apparently Mayor Whiskers was very naughty while I sent my first update because he has two lecture prompts now haha

Naughty Mayor Whiskers

For those struggling with this bug, I know the fix seems intimidating but trust me, it isn't! It's pretty easy and simple and it works like a charm - assuming you download the right updated version of the mod :b

A tip I'd like to add, is you may not be able to copy the IDs from the cheat console, but you CAN paste inside the BAR you input the cheat into. So my tip is to type the IDs into a notepad on your pc and string the cheat together in the notepad, then just paste it into the cheat console. Much easier/quicker that way and less room for error typing int he ID :D

Message 217 of 222 (1,469 Views)

Hero
Glad that worked.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 218 of 222 (1,438 Views)

★ Novice
Thank you so much!!
Message 219 of 222 (1,364 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Has this issue returned?

My household adopted a dog and while the Sim who started the adoption can lecture him, the husband gets no options.

Message 220 of 222 (987 Views)