Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture/become companion for adopted Pets

Hero
That's interesting.

Thanks for the info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 201 of 222 (1,078 Views)

★ Guide

It seems this issues is marked as fixed, but I actually have this problem since today. I adopted a stray cat and can't lecture nor become companions. I've never had this problem until today and my game is up to date. So just a heads up that this doesn't seem solved. Do I need to make a new thread or can you reopen this one?

Message 202 of 222 (953 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you please repair your game. Are you using any mods at all ?

Try on yet another stray after repairing as already affected pets still have the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 203 of 222 (941 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@CatSaar and @crinrict : Could it be that it's fixed for Pets adopted through the computer/whatever, but not for strays?

A while back on LittleMsSam's Discord, IIRC, someone was saying that he/she couldn't lecture an adopted pet, but it was a stray who was taken in, which raised the question I'm posing now (I agreed in that conversation that it was a possibility).

Message 204 of 222 (896 Views)

★ Guide

I actually adopted a stray before the" bugged" stray. So in same gameplay after patch I had one that worked fine and one that didn't. So there doesn't seem to be consistency in the problem. I do have mods/cc but I updated everything before I started my game again after the patch (some time had past since I could play again so all creators had updated their stuff by then). I don't really have time this week to play and test out adopting multiple strays to see if a repair solves the problem. I read on this thread about saving the household and only keeping the affected cat and then deleting that cat in the og household and replacing it with the saved cat. That did solve my problem. When I have time I can try the adopting multiple strays test and post an update, but I at the same time feel like it should not be up to me making time to test out a bug that is supposed to be solved. Nevertheless when I find a few hours free to do this I'll let you know.

Message 205 of 222 (888 Views)

Hero
No, it should be fixed for both but there's no guarantees that there aren't scenarios where it's not fixed.

If it's not, I would need a new thread though. .. only vanilla games and pets adopted after the patch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 206 of 222 (877 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@CatSaar and @crinrict : I see.

Message 207 of 222 (864 Views)

Hero
Something else came to my mind after going to bed yesterday, the bug could also still be active for strays you befriended but not adopted before the patch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 208 of 222 (847 Views)

★ Guide

I was playing with a completely new sim, so she had no relationships from before the patch.

Message 209 of 222 (843 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

and you're on PC/Mac not console, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 210 of 222 (835 Views)