Re: [OPEN] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture/become companion for adopted Pets

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Tmex-AllCheats is listed under script mods when the game first starts up.

I think there's an issue with my computer. I've tried repairing the game, as well.

Message 191 of 222 (2,524 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have found the problem! Large smile

The version of the all cheats mod was not up to date. I downloaded it straight off of the modthesims website.

I did some research and found a version that was updated to work for the seasons expansion, however it was on a different website. (Not modthesims)

Thank you so very, very much for your patience with me. You have fixed my game! Heart

Message 192 of 222 (2,516 Views)

Hero
Ah, didn't even think about that. Glad you found the reason it wasn't working. It was really perplexing me why it wouldn't work.

Happy lecturing your pets.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 193 of 222 (2,510 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks Crin for the steps to fix this issue. Standard smile It was really annoying that i couldn't lecture or become a companion with my pets!

Just throwing my 2 cents worth around here, but it's annoying we have to rely on a mod to fix these pet issues since its clearly been affecting a lot of people for a reasonable amount of time!

Message 194 of 222 (2,492 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can finally get the 'friend of the animals' aspiration done. Party hat

Message 195 of 222 (2,453 Views)

★ Apprentice

Are there any fixes that don't involve mods or cheats?

Message 196 of 222 (2,386 Views)

Hero
It should be possible to create a clone of the dog via household manager and delete the old one but it's not the same dog and you need to start over with relationship and such.

I think that should also work.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 197 of 222 (2,353 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have same problem, but in ma househood 1 sim can discipline dog and another one not. I dont know why.  Sim that is not able to discipline was created by me. And this is rather new save.

Message 198 of 222 (2,253 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

After installing this update, Sims who adopt an animal after befriending them will be able to become companions with them and lecture them for misbehavior.
  • Note: Sims who have already adopted an animal after befriending them, in a save file created prior to this update, will continue to experience this issue. We’re investigating a separate fix for this issue in existing save files.

This issue has been fixed in Patch 1.51.75. Please be aware that affected Sims/Pets will still be bugged. 

You have three (four) options how to deal with them

1. Wait for EA to implement more fixes (see patch notes)
  2. Let the Pets have the issue and don't care about it.
  3. Use the household manager/cloning solution that's been posted in this thread (I will add that solution to this post later today)
  4. Use the method below (in the quote) to fix them. You'll need a mod to do so but you can remove it after successfully fixing them.

@crinrict wrote:

There's a cheat solution that seems to help but you'll probably also need TwistedMexi's AllCheats mod in order for it to work as I believe that cheat was disabled.

The issue affects all Sims that adopt a pet they have a friendship with before adoption. There's a relationhship bit called dogowned/catowned and for some reason, this bit doesn't get added if you befriend them first.

What you need to do is the following

1. Add twistedMexis AllCheats Mod to your game (google the link but get the version on his Patron, NOT the one on MTS) --> I do believe this is necessary, you can try without first.
  2. Open the cheat console with ctl-shift-c
  3. Type: sims.get_sim_id_by_name <yoursimfirstname> <yoursimlastname>  (firstname and lastname being the name of the Sim that can't lecture the pet)
  4. Write down that number. It's a long number and you can't c/p
  5. Type: sims.get_sim_id_by_name <yoursimfirstname> <yoursimlastname>  (firstname and lastname being the name of the pet that can't be lectured)
  6. Write down that number. It's a long number and you can't c/p
  7. relationship.add_bit <yoursimID> <targetsimID> <relationshipBit>
    The value for these are as follow
    - yoursimID = ID of the Sim 
    - targetsimID = ID of the Pet
    - RelationshipBit = catOwned if the pet is a cat or  dogowned if the pet is a dog.
  8. Close the cheat console with ctl-shift-c
  9. After doing this you can remove the mod from your game again.

After that you should be able to lecture your animal as well as become a companion again .. cause the Sim actually owns the dog.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 199 of 222 (14,617 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I was struggling with this issue, but when I adopted a new pet by phone, this fixed all the interactions with all my adopted strays too. Hope this will help someone without having to mod!

*edited to add- I am playing on my laptop, through origin. I firstly repaired my game, went back to the affected Sim and was frustrated to see nothing had changed. I decided to try adopting a pet through the adoption service as I wanted to complete the aspiration- and to my surprise, all interactions were fixed with all pets!

Message 200 of 222 (2,189 Views)