Re: [OPEN] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture/become companion for adopted Pets

by TheNumber1Hero

Original Post

★ Novice

I can say for certain that this issue also affects the PS4 copy of the game. This is extremely frustrating for an achievement hunter like myself as I can’t enter ANY cheats in the command bar. If I do, it disables getting all achievements on that particular save file. Luckily there are no achievements on PlayStation for anything not obtainable in the base game. Though I would still like for my musician to be able to discipline their cat while also working towards the “Entertainer” achievement. I also can’t use the repair game feature my PC copy has as it’s not available to PS4 users. I hope this gets fixed soon as only two of suggested fixes for this bug seem to work without using cheats.

Message 171 of 222 (1,469 Views)

Re: Pet breeding

Hero

Hi @lilz827 

did you see my question above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 172 of 222 (1,144 Views)

★★★ Guide

I am also experiencing this issue.  Thought it could be mods, but nope...on adopted pets.  have not tried with CAS pet.

Message 173 of 222 (1,268 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Had this issue too after I adopted a stray. The adopter couldn’t scold or become a companion with the highest friendship with the animal, but others in the household could. I have the most recent version as of March 28th and don’t have too many add-ons either (Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Get to Work, and, of course, Cats and Dogs). 

Message 174 of 222 (1,659 Views)

★ Novice
I've also got this issue. I've adopted a pet into the household and can't lecture them. Therefore I can't complete the "Friend of the Animals" aspiration. It's a joke.
Message 175 of 222 (1,598 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yup, same problem here. 

My cat keeps scratching up my whole house.

Hope they come with a patch soon! 

Message 176 of 222 (1,496 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

There's a cheat solution that seems to help but you'll probably also need TwistedMexi's AllCheats mod in order for it to work as I believe that cheat was disabled.

The issue affects all Sims that adopt a pet they have a friendship with before adoption. There's a relationhship bit called dogowned/catowned and for some reason, this bit doesn't get added if you befriend them first.

What you need to do is the following

1. Add twistedMexis AllCheats Mod to your game (google the link) --> I do believe this is necessary, you can try without first.
  2. Open the cheat console with ctl-shift-c
  3. Type: sims.get_sim_id_by_name <yoursimfirstname> <yoursimlastname>  (firstname and lastname being the name of the Sim that can't lecture the pet)
  4. Write down that number. It's a long number and you can't c/p
  5. Type: sims.get_sim_id_by_name <yoursimfirstname> <yoursimlastname>  (firstname and lastname being the name of the pet that can't be lectured)
  6. Write down that number. It's a long number and you can't c/p
  7. relationship.add_bit <yoursimID> <targetsimID> <relationshipBit>
    The value for these are as follow
    - yoursimID = ID of the Sim 
    - targetsimID = ID of the Pet
    - RelationshipBit = catOwned if the pet is a cat or  dogowned if the pet is a dog.
  8. Close the cheat console with ctl-shift-c
  9. After doing this you can remove the mod from your game again.

After that you should be able to lecture your animal as well as become a companion again .. cause the Sim actually owns the dog.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 177 of 222 (1,484 Views)

★ Novice
  • I have this same issue. Just bought Sims for the first time, quickly followed by the cats and dogs expansion...  specifically for the whole pet thing. Because I love animals. And the one thing I wanted is broken... This is so infuriating...
Message 178 of 222 (1,412 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have found my issues to be:

cannot be nice to other pets

cannot encourage to mate

cannot discourage behaviors.

Trying to do suggested things now

It WORKED!

So, what I did was:

cas.fulleditmode

Saved household in the library

Deleted adult sims

Selected an empty house and said create a sim

went to library and selected the house I just saved

Moved them in

wallah, it worked

if you’re confused feel free to reply

Message 179 of 222 (1,335 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I was able to find the ID number for both my sim and pet. But when I filled in all the info for the relationship.add_bit <yoursimID> <targetsimID> <relationshipBit> part, nothing happened. This is how it looked when I entered it:

relationship.add_bit 314977315694383089 276699904618862091 dogowned

I have the mod downloaded, as well. I can't tell what I'm doing wrong. Frown

Message 180 of 222 (1,282 Views)