Re: [OPEN] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture/become companion for adopted Pets

by WillowRose22

Original Post

★ Novice

I’m having the same problem. I have all of packs for Sims 4. If my sim adopts a pet they cannot lecture the pet whatsoever but anyone else in the house can. 

Message 161 of 222 (2,120 Views)

Re: Scolding/lecture bug

★★★ Novice
Just to say this workaround worked for me too. I did the above and just to give a little more info, after deleting the dogs and going into game play mode, I placed the dog from the gallery (add to current household) and he is now trainable by the owner (not just the owner's child, who WAS able to train him previously).
Message 162 of 222 (2,095 Views)

Pet breeding

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats and dogs, vintage glamour, holiday celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try to find the encourage breeding option with a pet cat
What happens when the bug occurs? the option to encourage breeding with my cat does not exist. the cat is not spayed and has a full friendship bar with the sim
What do you expect to see? the option to appear
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

this is a problem that i have found many have in forums

Message 163 of 222 (1,349 Views)

Re: Pet breeding

Hero
Is the pet adopted ?

Think it's also a symptom of this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Sims-Can-t-Lecture-become-companion-for-adopted-Pets/m...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 164 of 222 (1,339 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Alright this has obviously been going on for some time now, why the hell is this not fixed yet? This is annoying, it's not okay that our only possibly work around this is to put the pet up for adoption and then adopt it back thus reseting the pet all together... Sims, we love you, but please take a moment to actually fix this.

Message 165 of 222 (1,942 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture adopted Pets for Misbehavior

★★ Novice
you mean add one to household from CAS? Haven't tried that yet, just got Cats & Dogs last week, started playing existing household with a pet in house to check it out, they of course could correct & lecture and option for companionship, so made my own sim, bought lot, built house, adopted first dog through computer, 2nd as a stay, can't correct or lecture either. Haven't tried adding another from CAS though, will give that a try, but very frustrating Frown
Message 166 of 222 (1,901 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm not sure when it started on mine because I usually don't play with pets (they make my game kind of glitchy) but I recently adopted some pets to complete the aspiration. The weird thing is the other sims in my household can do it, just not the one I'm trying to do it with. I know you can cheat to complete aspirations, but I really don't want to since I'm doing the super sim challenge.

Message 167 of 222 (1,852 Views)

★★★★ Guide
~nods~ @Rain12121 that's how it is for me as well.
For the aspiration, get another hh member to adopt the pet(s). I vaguely recall that's 2 companions are needed for completing that aspiration at the moment.
Message 168 of 222 (1,847 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

I have every pack and I have this issue. I adopted 2 dogs, my main sim cannot lecture or "be friendly with" but my child sim can occasionally. 

Message 169 of 222 (1,799 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I've never adopted any Pets or Strays yet, but reading through this whole topic...could this be similar to the issue where there's no Family Leave on the phone due to messed-up coding (especially since one post mentioned that there's no pet-related options on the phone for affected Sims, apparently)? Thinking

Message 170 of 222 (1,647 Views)