Re: [OPEN] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture/become companion for adopted Pets

by ariasings91

Original Post

★ Guide

I havent seen any copies of my pets in the world. But I would rather do this than have to start a new save file. 

Message 141 of 222 (1,311 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Any update? Currently playing on Xbox One and having this same glitch/bug. Adopted pet cannot be trained on bad behavior. There is absolutely no option for it.
Message 142 of 222 (1,295 Views)

★★★ Novice

Honestly this has been a glitch since 2017 and the only way to fix their mistake is to cheat your game. It's probably never going to get fixed if it's also a cross platform issue. I just hope that the amount of bugs totaling up doesn't wreck future games as well

Message 143 of 222 (1,257 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded the Sims 4 and Pets just to be a veterinarian and play the pets aspiration. This glitch has essentially ruined the game. I'm going to ask for a refund, as there is literally no way for me to achieve the aspiration while this is glitch is present. It is disheartening that it has been months and this glitch has still not been fixed.

Message 144 of 222 (1,212 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

There is a mod that helps a little with the issue of not being able to lecture adopted pets at Deichschaf (scoldpetfix)

EDIT: removed mod links. Please be aware that linking mods at AHQ is not allowed. Only name them

Message 145 of 222 (1,174 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I still cannot lecture my pets. It is February 20. This is a long time to have this problem. Especially when my game just updated itself yesterday. I am very disappointed.

Message 146 of 222 (1,104 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem - can't lecture my adopted pets. The sad thing is that this bug has been there for months now and still didn't get fixed ...

Message 147 of 222 (1,065 Views)

★ Novice

The workaround that has worked for me is putting all pets in the household up for adoption via "Hire Service." Then adopt them each back for 200 simoleons via "Hire Service." Once they're back in the household, you should be able to lecture/train them.

I ran into the bug after merging Mayor Whiskers into my family, but this workaround has seemingly fixed it.

Message 148 of 222 (1,015 Views)

★ Novice

So in reading the thread it looks like this problem has been going off for awhile has anyone come up with a workaround or does anyone know if EA is going to come up with a solution. I play Sims 4 on my PC.

Message 149 of 222 (1,010 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

someone shared this mod with me: google: Mods Hunde & Katzen Deichschaf

also i noticed today my sims child can discipline the dog, she is just friends with it, but her mom can't and the mom is a good friend to the dog!

(removed mod link. Please only name, never link mods at AHQ)

Message 150 of 222 (960 Views)