Re: [OPEN] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture/become companion for adopted Pets

by Nadouee

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture adopted Pets for Misbehavior

★★★ Newbie

Yeah I have 2 sims and a cat and a dog. My Male sim has the Friend of Animals aspiration and he can't lecture either of the pets or become either of their companion, yet the female can do both of these things for some reason. It's super frustrating honestly and this needs to get fixed. Otherwise the aspiration is impossible to complete..

Message 131 of 222 (1,247 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture adopted Pets for Misbehavior

★★★ Novice

Out of the 5 sims who have owned pets (different households) 2 (3 inc the notes below) out of 5 could lecture.

One I moved from another save into the world and she then could lecture whereas before she couldn't.

Message 132 of 222 (1,216 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have this problem with my sim who adopted a stray. He cannot lecture, and when he tries to simstagram this particular pet I take the pictures but nothing happens with them (the CAS cat in the household has simstagram followers from her pictures, but the adopted stray can't). 

However, that sim's husband, who had no interactions with the cat prior to its joining the household, can perform lecture interactions with the adopted cat. It is only the sim who took the action to adopt the cat who is having the issue.

This stray joined the family after the most recent patch but before I installed Get Famous. I had never adopted a stray prior to the most recent patch, so I don't know if it's a new problem.

Message 133 of 222 (1,231 Views)

★★★ Novice

When are we going to get an update on the matter? It's been months already and it's really ruining the pets expansion pack.

Message 134 of 222 (1,231 Views)

★ Novice

I also started experiencing this issue after installing Get Famous and the latest patch. My first sim created after installing these adopted a dog and was never able to discipline him. However, when she met and married Izzy Fabulous, he was able to lecture the pet although no one else in the family could. I have since moved one of their daughter's out on her own and had this new sim adopt a dog as well. This new sim is not able to lecture her newly adopted pet either. My other sims have experienced this issue with cats as well since the patch.

Message 135 of 222 (1,208 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem with the newest version 1.49.65.1020, and I have everything except My First Pet Stuff. No mods or CC.

I also have the added problem of not being able to send my dog to explore or attack, even though my sim has Pet Training Lv 5. I googled extensively and couldn't find others with this bug. The dog has learned all other skills, but those that were supposed to auto add as the sim leveled up are simply missing. I tried resetting both sim and dog multiple times and even tried changing the dog's traits in cas and cheating the sim's skill down and up again. No dice. It'll simply never learn.

Message 136 of 222 (1,181 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issues.  I can't scold my pets neither can the sim i just moved into the household.  So my sim can't achieve his aspiration.  I have no mods installed either

Message 137 of 222 (1,153 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture Pets for Misbehavior

★★★★ Novice

Yes, i also cant become companions with my pets.

Message 138 of 222 (1,109 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

So I found a way around this glitch but only downside is you'll start with halfway full bar with friendship but it's not bad!

Bring up the control bar with ctrl+shift+c
Do testingcheatsenabled true/on
Type Cas.fulleditmode
Shift+click on your sim and "modify in cas"
Save your household into your library and exit out of cas (save with the checkmark below on the bottom right hand corner).
Now shift+click on your sim again and "modify in cas".
Go into your library and add the recently saved household. Delete the old pet and the new sim (pretty much just keeping the newly added pet). And save your household again.
Now wait for the new copy of your pet to do something mischievous and voila! Fixed! It worked for me just now!

Message 139 of 222 (1,116 Views)

★★★ Novice

The problem with this is your pets will become strays again in the game. I've done this as well. Now I have 2 sets of my pets with the same names and styles all around town. Which becomes sad when they get sick

Message 140 of 222 (1,081 Views)