Re: [OPEN] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture/become companion for adopted Pets

by StormyDayzGamez

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

I've skimmed over this thread and haven't seen anyone mention that some sims in the household can lecture their pets.  I apologize if I missed it.  I tested this without mods and it's still happening.  The confusing part is that there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to who can lecture on what occasion.  I play a rotation and this is happening in every household.  They are all mostly adopted strays.  Below you can see that the father had no option to lecture but the daughter did this time.  Before this, when begging for food it was only the brother that could.

Screen Shot 01-22-19 at 02.46 PM.PNGScreen Shot 01-22-19 at 02.47 PM 001.PNG

Message 111 of 222 (1,054 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture Pets for Misbehavior

★ Novice
Yes this happened with me. Pretty annoying as far as bugs go.
Message 112 of 222 (962 Views)

★ Pro
Still having this problem. Work around to save pet to Gallery by and then add it back into household does seem to work. But I've only done this with 2 pets.
Message 113 of 222 (933 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Funnily enough only one of my four sims in the same household with 1 dog and 2 cats has this problem. And it is the sim with the Animal Friend aspiration. He can not lecture the two adopted cats at all while all other sims in the household can. This Sim is a regularly born child of the other two sims. It appears that he sometimes can lecture the dog, which is also adopted, but nothing for the cats. 

Message 114 of 222 (918 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I recognise no system at all in who can lecture the pets and who can't.

Message 115 of 222 (906 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes it's with me. I'm so annoyed. My one sim can lecture but my Sim whose current aspiration is to train out misbehaviour can't. This is really messing up my gameplay.

Message 116 of 222 (867 Views)

★ Pro

I've had this problem with pets adopted post GF plus related patches.

I decided to try a mod by LittleMsSam that lets you send your pets to a rabbithole pet sitter. The events show up on the Sim's phone.

The Sim who can lecture and become a companion with her pet shows the pet menu on her phone.

The Sim who can't lecture or become a companion does not have the pet menu on his phone. It's as if he has no pet. 

Message 117 of 222 (845 Views)

★★★ Novice

I, too, am still having issues with this. PC- I only have Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims Pets, Luxury Party Stuff, and the free expansions. Disappointed Oops

Message 118 of 222 (768 Views)

★ Novice

I didn't see anyone complaining about this, but I also can't spay my adopted cat. I go to the vet, schedule a spay, the cat and the vet go to the surgery machine, the cat goes in and out the machine and nothing happens. Sorry if my english is bad, I play in another language.

Message 119 of 222 (743 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide
Message 120 of 222 (734 Views)