Re: [TO ADD] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture Pets for Misbehavior

by TatsuDragneel

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture adopted Pets for Misbehavior

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Grouchybeast wrote:

@briebae2003 wrote:

Okay, this took a lot of trial and error, but to fix this, after you adopt the pet, go to cas and save the household. After that make a household with just the dog/cat (that you can’t lecture) and save that household. Go back to the household you were playing as and re-add the pet to the family and boom, you can lecture them. I hope this helps! 

This is both a thank you to @briebae2003 (thank you!) and hopefully will help people who might have missed this back on page three.  I had the glitch today with an adopted stray dog, in a household made up of one teen sim.  This workaround successfully restored the Lecture option under the Friendly menu.

How is this done? I don't get this at all.. How do you make a household with just pets? It doesn't work. And don't you have to build the relationship all over again?

Message 101 of 222 (1,926 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Murlunii wrote:

@Grouchybeast wrote:

@briebae2003 wrote:

Okay, this took a lot of trial and error, but to fix this, after you adopt the pet, go to cas and save the household. After that make a household with just the dog/cat (that you can’t lecture) and save that household. Go back to the household you were playing as and re-add the pet to the family and boom, you can lecture them. I hope this helps! 

This is both a thank you to @briebae2003 (thank you!) and hopefully will help people who might have missed this back on page three.  I had the glitch today with an adopted stray dog, in a household made up of one teen sim.  This workaround successfully restored the Lecture option under the Friendly menu.

How is this done? I don't get this at all.. How do you make a household with just pets? It doesn't work. And don't you have to build the relationship all over again?

When you are in your game, go to options and click manage worlds. At the top right, click manage households. Click on your household and click edit in cas. Delete everyone except the pet you are trying to fix. At the top right, click save household. Then click CANCEL at the bottom right. Go into cas with your family again, but this time delete the pet. Click the check mark at the bottom right. Then go to the gallery and to your library. Click on the household of just the pet. Click place household and move it in with your family. This will add 20,000 simoleons and if that bothers you, type in the cheat bar "money" and then a space and then the amount of money that you want your sims to have. 

Message 102 of 222 (1,898 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes!!! My sim can’t lecture or become companions with her pets but it was actually working for quite a while. I have one out of four of the train out misbehaviors and one out of two of the become companions aspiration. It stopped working all of this sudden. All of the other sims in my household that don’t have this apiration have been able to lecture my pets (but not become companions) this far. I tried making a new save and resetting and debugging both my sim and the pet multiple times. I took out all of my custom content... nothing seems to work

Message 103 of 222 (1,802 Views)

★★ Novice
Thank you for that specific description, I totally wasn't entering CAS the right way so wasn't getting the option to remove my Sim from the household. Now my issue is fixed!

For the Gurus though ... I really hope an actual fix for this is coming. Pretty please? This is a lot of work just to fix something pretty significant.
Message 104 of 222 (1,755 Views)

★★ Novice

I think this is the bug I'm having as well. I don't have the interactions for become companions, lecture for x, be nice to, or encourage to mate with for the two dogs I adopted in a save created after the get famous patch. Saves created before the get famous patch seem to be unaffected by this in my game. I've tested thoroughly and it cannot be fixed by disabling mods, repairing game or creating a new save. This a very annoying bug and I think we would all appreciate a fix soon as it ruins the experience with pets in the household.

Message 105 of 222 (1,720 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture/become companion for adopted Pets

★★★ Novice

I have this problem too! Exact same issue. I can't lecture any adopted cats or dogs. I tried it in various saves and I hace no mods. This bug is going on for me for months. It really surprises and disappoints me that maxis isnt doing anything to solve it. Especialy when there are many people affected by it Frown 

Message 106 of 222 (1,690 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture/become companion for adopted Pets

★ Novice
Same here for pc. No mods, issue only began after get famous patch. Experience the drop in friendship and cat either shows the sad face animation or the question mark when using scold from the mean menu as not present in other options.
Message 107 of 222 (1,631 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can't lecture pets and also can't become companions wit them. Only one of my adults in my household has this problem (but she has the ''Friend of the Animals" aspiration which is annoying

Message 108 of 222 (1,494 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
Adopted pets still can't be lectured as of 21/1/2019, tried it earlier today in hopes that it worked. Have every expansion minus get to work, get famous and get together. Do have cc but I've removed them multiple times and makes no difference.
Message 109 of 222 (1,337 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Wow I had not even realized it that I was missing interactions. No wonder I could not scold them properly, I thought scolding upon them doing an action was the way to do it.

On the bright side the workaround of saving the pets alone to the gallery and then merging them back to your household works. Eaxis will never cease to amaze with their skills for breaking previous packs with new patches or packs. This is something that should have been fixed within a month but nope.
Message 110 of 222 (1,289 Views)