Re: [OPEN] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture/become companion for adopted Pets

by kreepsymusic

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Is this getting fixed at any point? It kind of breaks the pets aspiration and makes it impossible to complete the super sim challenge, or just the aspiration list as a whole!

Message 91 of 222 (1,449 Views)

★ Novice

Me too. They also cannot become companions anymore. My sim was a companion but it’s not visible anymore and the aspiration is not completed. 

Message 92 of 222 (1,389 Views)

★★ Guide

I also wanna add, because I think it's related, and I could've sworn I saw someone mention it in this thread or one like it but now I can't find it: dogs created in CAS seem unable to learn how to go potty outside whereas adopted in game dogs don't. I'll gladly start a new thread for it if you need to, but I think it might all stem from the same source - the game getting confused over the proper "ownership" of the pet? 

Message 93 of 222 (1,383 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I think I am done with pets at this point. Not being able to lecture my pets are pretty much game breaking.

Message 94 of 222 (1,330 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@BlazeBard wrote:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except My First Pet Stuff and Get Famous.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a cat, dog, kitten or puppy in your Sim household. Wait for the pet to do some kind of unwanted behavior such as playing in puddles, drinking from puddles, waking up Sims, eating human food, or in the case of cats, walking on counters. Click on the pet and look in the Friendly social category for the option to lecture the pet about the misbehavior.
What happens when the bug occurs? The option to lecture the pet about the misbehavior does not show up, resulting in Sims being unable to train out their pets' misbehavior.
What do you expect to see? Sims should be able to lecture their cats, dogs, puppies and kittens about misbehavior in order to correct those unwanted behaviors.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The November 13th, 2018 patch that added Terrain Tools and the Style Influencer career, among other features and bug fixes. Before this patch, some Simmers did have similar problems with the "lecture pet for misbehavior" social option, but apparently that was only when they used Manage Households to merge a pet into an existing household. After the November 13th, 2018 patch, pets that are simply adopted into a household using the "Hire a Service" option on a Sim's cell phone also seem to be affected by this bug.

Since the Friend of the Animals Aspiration requires that a Sim train out two pet misbehaviors, and this bug makes it so that pets can't be lectured to correct misbehaviors, this bug effectively breaks that Aspiration.

CURRENT STATUS (crin)

• Sims can't lecture or become companions of adopted pets
  • This issue started after the Get Famous patch
  • There's a similar thread where you can't lecture pets after transferring pets into a pre-existing household (this new issue could be an escalation of that as adoption is technically doing the same
  • Kids can lecture threads while teens and up can't
  • This thread has been forwarded and added to the compiled list.

I'm also still having the same problem & I see it's been months since it was 1st reported.
This bug continues to happen in new games and all Sims4 worlds. 
Have reparied game multiple times & I'm fustrated that EA/Maxis have made zero progress in solving this bug.

Message 95 of 222 (1,316 Views)

Discipline actions for pets are not showing up

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? i dont know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Option Does not appear in friendly, mean, or pet care
What happens when the bug occurs? There is no way to discipline pets. Whenever my cat in the game goes on the counter, begs for food, or scratches on furniture, there is no option to discipline him.
What do you expect to see? There should be an option to discipline pets for bad behavior.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

There is no option to discipline pets. There has been a recent free update so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I've tried removing cc but that doesn't do anything. I saw a post where someone had the same issue but there were no helpful answers so I decided to make a new one! Please let me know if you know how to fix this! 

Message 96 of 222 (1,309 Views)

Re: Discipline actions for pets are not showing up

Hero

Hi @ellamauii234

merged your post with existing thread.

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 97 of 222 (1,296 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, will this ever get fixed? I had this problem for about a month now, every new game i start the owner is unable of lecturing their pets. Also, i have noticed kids are able to do so too. But when they're at school it's a little frustrating to not be able to correct the pets, and that's implying you have to have kids in the game in order to lecture. The new patch didn't change anything for me either.

Message 98 of 222 (1,289 Views)

★★ Novice
I'm still having this issue as well. No ability to lecture for misbehavior, can't become companions, can't spay/neuter either.
Message 99 of 222 (1,229 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture adopted Pets for Misbehavior

★ Apprentice

@briebae2003 wrote:

Okay, this took a lot of trial and error, but to fix this, after you adopt the pet, go to cas and save the household. After that make a household with just the dog/cat (that you can’t lecture) and save that household. Go back to the household you were playing as and re-add the pet to the family and boom, you can lecture them. I hope this helps! 

This is both a thank you to @briebae2003 (thank you!) and hopefully will help people who might have missed this back on page three.  I had the glitch today with an adopted stray dog, in a household made up of one teen sim.  This workaround successfully restored the Lecture option under the Friendly menu.

Message 100 of 222 (1,134 Views)