Re: [OPEN] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture/become companion for adopted Pets

by Lainibug4Life

Original Post

★★ Novice
I have the same issue and I'm so sad that it isnt fixed with the patch today Frown I want to lecture my pets again. They are destroying anything and its so annoying...

I tested it with pets I adopt from the streets. I'm not able to lecture any of my pets...
Message 71 of 222 (2,142 Views)

★★★ Novice

I thought it was fixed with the patch today, however, it just seems to be that my child can lecture the cats but not the parents who adopted the cats. I think it's the same issue as it has been, as the child was a toddler when I first got the cats, so I couldn't test if he was able to lecture/train them until he aged up.

Message 72 of 222 (2,133 Views)

★ Apprentice
Yes, no improvement on this at all, which is a shame as I don't know if I can play with any pets until this gets sorted as it will annoy me
Message 73 of 222 (2,118 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could someone possibly share a save file with me where they're encountering this issue? We'll investigate, thanks much! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 74 of 222 (2,109 Views)

★★ Novice

Here I have a Savefile for you! 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cZmUWbbwYHTeT-9-CNave6fCtySUlOka

I tested it right before I saved the game (the cat scratched at the bed and you cant lecture it)

Message 75 of 222 (2,100 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, ongoing for me as well. Not able to be a companion, encourage or discipline behavior as the "adopter" but additions to the household can.

Message 76 of 222 (2,099 Views)

★★★ Novice

@SimGuruNick  I really hope I'm doing this correctly, I'm not super familiar with file sharing. 

Here is my updated save file for my current family. When I previously shared it in this thread my child hadn't aged up yet, so I didn't know that he could discipline the cats while the parents could not.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=10bdrVhzjzHWZpE5a2V5aC1FhiM1ahaL-

Message 77 of 222 (2,076 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Just checked my sim household that adopted the dog and nothing has changed there regarding this issue.
Message 78 of 222 (2,068 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I'm having this issue as well, only the Sim that adopted the dog I have cannot lecture/become companion while every other Sim in the household can...very strange 

Edit: I forgot to mention that I am doing the legacy challenge and this has happened ever since I started it, which was right around Get Famous came out. I only have the Cats & Dogs Expansion Pack, nothing else.

Message 79 of 222 (2,014 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture adopted Pets for Misbehavior

★★★ Novice

@briebae2003 wrote:

Okay, this took a lot of trial and error, but to fix this, after you adopt the pet, go to cas and save the household. After that make a household with just the dog/cat (that you can’t lecture) and save that household. Go back to the household you were playing as and re-add the pet to the family and boom, you can lecture them. I hope this helps! 

THANK YOU!!! It worked! Standard smile

Message 80 of 222 (1,983 Views)