Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture/become companion for adopted Pets

by jennifersarah19

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
I have the same issue and I'm so sad that it isnt fixed with the patch today Frown I want to lecture my pets again. They are destroying anything and its so annoying...

I tested it with pets I adopt from the streets. I'm not able to lecture any of my pets...
Message 71 of 219 (1,369 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I thought it was fixed with the patch today, however, it just seems to be that my child can lecture the cats but not the parents who adopted the cats. I think it's the same issue as it has been, as the child was a toddler when I first got the cats, so I couldn't test if he was able to lecture/train them until he aged up.

Message 72 of 219 (1,360 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yes, no improvement on this at all, which is a shame as I don't know if I can play with any pets until this gets sorted as it will annoy me
Message 73 of 219 (1,345 Views)

EA Sims Team

Could someone possibly share a save file with me where they're encountering this issue? We'll investigate, thanks much! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Message 74 of 219 (1,336 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here I have a Savefile for you! 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cZmUWbbwYHTeT-9-CNave6fCtySUlOka

I tested it right before I saved the game (the cat scratched at the bed and you cant lecture it)

Message 75 of 219 (1,327 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, ongoing for me as well. Not able to be a companion, encourage or discipline behavior as the "adopter" but additions to the household can.

Message 76 of 219 (1,326 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@SimGuruNick  I really hope I'm doing this correctly, I'm not super familiar with file sharing. 

Here is my updated save file for my current family. When I previously shared it in this thread my child hadn't aged up yet, so I didn't know that he could discipline the cats while the parents could not.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=10bdrVhzjzHWZpE5a2V5aC1FhiM1ahaL-

Message 77 of 219 (1,303 Views)

★ Guide
Just checked my sim household that adopted the dog and nothing has changed there regarding this issue.
Message 78 of 219 (1,295 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue as well, only the Sim that adopted the dog I have cannot lecture/become companion while every other Sim in the household can...very strange 

Edit: I forgot to mention that I am doing the legacy challenge and this has happened ever since I started it, which was right around Get Famous came out. I only have the Cats & Dogs Expansion Pack, nothing else.

Message 79 of 219 (1,241 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture adopted Pets for Misbehavior

★★★★ Novice

@briebae2003 wrote:

Okay, this took a lot of trial and error, but to fix this, after you adopt the pet, go to cas and save the household. After that make a household with just the dog/cat (that you can’t lecture) and save that household. Go back to the household you were playing as and re-add the pet to the family and boom, you can lecture them. I hope this helps! 

THANK YOU!!! It worked! Standard smile

Message 80 of 219 (1,210 Views)

Need help?

We’re happy to help with your account, troubleshooting, and gameplay questions.

Contact us on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help