★★★★★ Newbie

Also no option to breed pets 😔

Message 61 of 222 (2,812 Views)

Can't discipline pets.

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Clicking on your pet when they're doing something wrong.
What happens when the bug occurs? When your pet is being bad and you click on them there's no option to discipline them.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the option to tell them not to do something so they learn not to do it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. When I downloaded Get Famous.

After I downloaded Get Famous I was no longer able to discipline my pets when they behave badly, the only thing that could make them stop is to go under "Mean" and Scold them.

Message 62 of 222 (2,756 Views)

Re: Can't discipline pets.

Hero

Hi @jlb103091

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 63 of 222 (2,747 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture/become companion for adopted Pets

★★★ Novice

Yup. Initially, everything worked fine and the options to lecture/scold for specific behaviors were available. These have since vanished, however, as has the option to "Become Companions"; it looks like these options disappeared after the last big update. 

Missing: lecture/scold for specific behaviors

Missing: "Become Companion" option

Message 64 of 222 (2,628 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have discovered that the Sim who adopts the strays cannot train out misbehaviours or become companions with the pets.  However, another member of the household is able to do so, train out misbehaviours and become companions.   I have also discovered that adding a pet be it cat or dog to my household from either the gallery or my library has no issues regarding this as all household members are able to train out misbehaviours and become companions.  None of these issues have anything to do with any of my saved games and I also noticed these issues started after the Get Famous patch.

Message 65 of 222 (2,587 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me too, see I am trying to complete the f'friend of the animals' aspiration in my game. I adopted a dog but it will not let me become companions with it even though I have maxed out their friendship, nor will it let me lecture it when it splashes in puddles.

Message 66 of 222 (2,544 Views)

★ Novice

When is the patch coming out?? This issue is driving me crazy and I really want to breed my current dog!

Message 67 of 222 (2,493 Views)

★★ Novice

I have noticed that if you can get a townie to live in your house, the options to Lecture/become companion will sometimes show up for JUST the townie that's now living with you (the originally created sim will not be able to do much with the pets). But any new pets added to the house would then require a different new townie to move into the house, it's really starting to get annoying!

Message 68 of 222 (2,392 Views)

★ Guide

I’m also having this issue. Strangely it’s with a cat I created in CAS before GF or the patch came out. Either way I just opened this family after about a month of not playing them and the cat is on the counter with no way to stop it.

Message 69 of 222 (2,358 Views)
Highlighted

EA Staff

Hey there!

Is someone still experiencing this issue after today's patch?

Thanks!

Message 70 of 222 (2,323 Views)