Re: [OPEN] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture/become companion for adopted Pets

by 608sims0

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture Pets for Misbehavior

★ Novice

Yes! I've gotten my relationship all the way up and the option to become a companion isn't showing up. I also am having the issue of being unable to lecture. Ugh. Which is a bummer because I just bought the Pets expansion. How do we get this fixed??

Message 51 of 222 (2,506 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture adopted Pets for Misbehavior

★ Novice

I can’t lecture my dogs or cats when I make them in CAS!!

Message 52 of 222 (2,460 Views)

★ Apprentice
Yes I also have this problem. Any fixes yet?
Message 53 of 222 (2,424 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Also having this issue. Making the Friend of the Animals aspiration impossible to complete without using cheats.

Any updates on this, or maybe a mod fix?

Adding link to my save:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zocoVRaAMQyAwpZg1GTFT3HknYn-UMxH

Message 54 of 222 (2,401 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I’m having the same problem. However, I was doing some troubleshooting and it actually only appears to be the sim with the aspiration. I tried getting another sim to adopt an animal, to see if that would solve the issue, but the sim with the aspiration still couldn’t lecture but the adopter could. 

Message 55 of 222 (2,390 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem since I got Get Famous, I adopted one adult cat and at first everything was fine and i could lecture her. Then I decided to get two puppies and I never could lecture them since i got them, they are adults now and keep getting dirty every 5 seconds because they play in the dirt and I can't lecture them about that ! Tried a new save and didn't change a thing, will there be an update to fix that? I'ts kind of annoying if you have a lot of pets misbehaving...

Message 56 of 222 (2,371 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi @SimGuruIcarus !

I would like to share my save file with you.

The glitch appeared for me when I created a new save file after installing the Get Famous expansion pack and the terrain update. My young adult Sim with the aspiration Master Actor adopted two cats at the same time (one was a kitten, the other an adult). One cat has the traits: friendly, fluffy and talkative. The other has the traits: friendly, mischievous and glutton. I haven't got the option to lecture both. I'm also unable to become a companion with one of them. I haven't got this issue once before. I have all the expansion and game packs and and I am in possession of the stuff packs: Backyard Stuff and My First Pet Stuff.

Hopefully my save file is useful. It concerns the Horsten family in Del Sol Valley.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nM7gXlD8s9uawprZN-DoKfJVp_eH1wS7

I hope I did this right and provided you with the right amount of information. I haven't done this before.

Message 57 of 222 (2,332 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Fascinating. In my save, it's pretty much the opposite. The adopter is the one that cannot do the lecture, etc.; yet other sims in the HH can do it all (no sims in this hh have ever had the pets aspiration)
How curious. Hopefully, the sim gurus can figure out what's really happening and fix it for us all. Standard smile
Message 58 of 222 (2,303 Views)

EA Staff

Hi everyone!

Thank you very much for all your saves and feedback. We have been able to reproduce this issue at our end Standard smile

Message 59 of 222 (2,271 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

how long are we looking at for a fix? my sims cats are destroying her furniture!!

Message 60 of 222 (2,248 Views)