Re: [TO ADD] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture Pets for Misbehavior

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture adopted Pets for Misbehavior

★ Apprentice
Yeah, the only workaround I've come across for this is that if you move a dog or cat into a household instead of adopting it through the service, you can do all the actions. Some may consider this cheating as you don't have to pay the 200 simoleans this way but at least you can tell your dog to stop drinking from the toilet!
Hope this helps someone Standard smile
Message 21 of 222 (3,206 Views)

Hero

@annectremblay95 wrote:

Also some information maybe worth considering;

My sim adopted through the computer a cat, and on the street I shift-clicked adopted a dog and I can't lecture either of them. I moved my household with (famous) Johnny Zest to see if I could train them by mysteriously switching houses, but still couldn't. Then I played as Johnny, and he can lecture them! Seems like only MY sim can't lecture them. 

Some more information: I'm using MC Command center and some CAS CC (and other misc mods), but it doesn't seem to be the cause of the problem since I temporarily removed all my mods and tried again and it still wouldn't work.

Thanks all for trying to figure this out :-)

That's an older issue though and has been in the game since pets came out

Here's the thread for that: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TOADD-CD-Can-t-lecture-train-pets-that-were-moved-from-one/td-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 222 (3,202 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrictOh sorry! I forgot to mention that I didn't have any of those issues before Get Famous came out, so I wasn't sure which of the two threads was the right one.

Edit: I should also add that I'm having the issue no matter what type of adoption I try (phone, computer). Mmmm.

Message 23 of 222 (3,186 Views)

★ Apprentice

I know the problem I described on page 1 is a slightly different problem (I am posting to that original thread - though that seems to be an older issue).

I can say that I haven't run into any issue with lecturing pets before this patch (whether it be lecturing pets in a merged household, or lecturing pets that have been adopted through the service).

However, I can agree that I am also seeing the issue with being unable to lecture adopted pets. The only pets I am able to lecture are ones that were created in CAS with the original family.

Thanks all, for being a supportive community! =) 

Message 24 of 222 (3,171 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [TO ADD] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture Pets for Misbehavior

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 222 (3,121 Views)

★★ Novice

Has anyone noticed a difference after yesterday's update? Not for me.....

Message 26 of 222 (3,106 Views)

Hero
This wasn't fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 222 (3,099 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture adopted Pets for Misbehavior

★ Novice

Okay, this took a lot of trial and error, but to fix this, after you adopt the pet, go to cas and save the household. After that make a household with just the dog/cat (that you can’t lecture) and save that household. Go back to the household you were playing as and re-add the pet to the family and boom, you can lecture them. I hope this helps! 

Message 28 of 222 (3,086 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same problem, one sim can't lecture but the boyfriend can lecture the pets.

Message 29 of 222 (3,076 Views)

Hero

@PurpleSimEater wrote:

I have the same problem, one sim can't lecture but the boyfriend can lecture the pets.

Are yours adopted pets ?

Did the one that can't lecture them move in after you got the pets ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 222 (3,068 Views)