★ Novice
Thats what i wanted to say tho Standard smile
Message 13 of 222 (6,664 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture adopted Pets for Misbehavior

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a cat, dog, kitten or puppy in your Sim household. Wait for the pet to do some kind of unwanted behavior such as playing in puddles, drinking from puddles, waking up Sims, eating human food, or in the case of cats, walking on counters. Click on the pet and look in the Friendly social category for the option to lecture the pet about the misbehavior.
What happens when the bug occurs? The option to lecture the pet about the misbehavior does not show up, resulting in Sims being unable to train out their pets' misbehavior.
What do you expect to see? Sims should be able to lecture their cats, dogs, puppies and kittens about misbehavior in order to correct those unwanted behaviors.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes but even happens vanilla
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not sure
Please describe the patch or change you made. I have noticed this since at least the previous patch 1.46.18.

Since the Friend of the Animals Aspiration requires that a Sim train out two pet misbehaviors, and this bug makes it so that pets can't be lectured to correct misbehaviors, this bug effectively breaks that Aspiration unless you use a mod like UI Cheats or the cheat code aspirations.complete_current_milestone.

*Used BlazeBard's reply as a template and added my own details.

Message 14 of 222 (6,653 Views)

★★★★ Novice

same here, i adopted 3 dogs and all of them remain misbehaving after the new update, kind've sucks.

Message 15 of 222 (6,651 Views)

Hero

Does this happen for all neighborhoods for you guys ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 222 (6,628 Views)

★ Apprentice

Haven't tested everywhere but the Sim I've experienced it with lives in Newcrest 

Message 17 of 222 (6,624 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice
Just tried it in Willow Creek with a brand new save file and it's just the same, adopted a dog and waited for them to misbehave and couldn't tell them off or become companions when I became max friendship with them. Hope this helps.
Message 18 of 222 (6,602 Views)

Hero

Thanks for testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 222 (6,590 Views)

★★ Novice

Also some information maybe worth considering;

My sim adopted through the computer a cat, and on the street I shift-clicked adopted a dog and I can't lecture either of them. I moved my household with (famous) Johnny Zest to see if I could train them by mysteriously switching houses, but still couldn't. Then I played as Johnny, and he can lecture them! Seems like only MY sim can't lecture them. 

Some more information: I'm using MC Command center and some CAS CC (and other misc mods), but it doesn't seem to be the cause of the problem since I temporarily removed all my mods and tried again and it still wouldn't work.

Thanks all for trying to figure this out :-)

Message 20 of 222 (6,578 Views)