Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] [S] Gift Piles possibly causing pets to stretch/deform

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44.88
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: All Game Packs: Only Parenthood and Dine Out Stuff Packs: All expect Cool Kitchen, Fitness and Spooky.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place gift boxes that came with seasons on a lot with pets.
What happens when the bug occurs? Pets stretch out of shape and distort when near a pile of presents.
What do you expect to see? Pets not distorting.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Seasons Expansion: Gift piles came with Seasons.

I was told to make a thread for this issue I'd been having recently. Basically I'd been having a certain group of pets with the weird stretchy deformation glitch a lot frequently. At first I was so confused on why it was happening so frequently, but based on what I noticed, it seems that the Gift Boxes that came with Seasons are causing it. I noticed that it kept happening when they were near the boxes of presents. I also recalled it happening to another dog in a different save; also near a box of presents. I tested it today by placing presents all over Pupperstone Park in BB and after 10 minutes it happened to the cat. Because of all of this, I believe the gift boxes cause the pets to distort for some reason.

Thank you for your time.

Message 1 of 4 (663 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CD] [D] Gift Piles possibly causing pets to stretch/deform

Hero

• Pets will no longer stretch bizarrely while Sims are opening presents.

Fixed in Patch 1.45.62

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (598 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (605 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Just for more evidence, here are two YT videos I recently watched where the glitch happened also. Both were on holidays involving gift piles and there were gift piles right next to the dogs when it happened.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpkQBQsgNng
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnEb8PrZVQk
Message 3 of 4 (549 Views)

Hero

• Pets will no longer stretch bizarrely while Sims are opening presents.

Fixed in Patch 1.45.62

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (599 Views)