Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Robot Vacuum will not dock

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs, all stuff packs and all kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Allow the vacuum to clean and then return to the docking station promptly, without a “cannot move” notification appearing over the robot vacuum.
What happens when the bug occurs? *Place a robot vacuum on a residential lot. *Click on the vacuum and select “start cleaning routine” *Let the robot vacuum run for a few seconds *Watch as the robot attempts to return to its docking station *Robot vacuum then signals that it cannot move (thought bubble appears with the footsteps and red exclamation Mark) *Robot vacuum remains on and cleaning close to its docking station but never returning to the docking station *Eventually robot vacuum breaks and needs replacing *Pay for replacement but the same bug occurs
What do you expect to see? Vacuum should return to docking station once cleaning is finished and not break while trying to dock.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I suspect this bug is the result of the new Kit “Bust the Dust” so I am patiently waiting for the robot vacuums to be able to clean the dust and return to the docking station and not have the issue of the robot vacuum saying it cannot move back onto the docking station. 
In case it is assumed otherwise, yes I did move the items in the room around to ensure nothing was in front of the vacuum docking station; I also moved the docking station to a number of different locations in an attempt to make the docking station more accessible to the robot vacuum; I also upgraded the vacuum and docking station in an attempt to fix the problem; I also bought new vacuums but did not upgrade them; I bought a new vacuum and upgraded all features; STILL NO RESOLUTION TO BUG 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 28 (7,544 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Robot Vacuum will not dock

Hero

Robot Vacuums should all now return to their docks accordingly. I hope this issue was
not a sign that they were becoming sentient.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Also, there's a slightly different issue with the robot getting stuck while cleaning: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Robot-Vacuum-getting-stuck-cleaning/m-p/8187558

Post there if that's what you're seeing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 28 of 28 (4,938 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@allykat3109 Do you have any platforms in your home ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 28 (7,514 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@allykat3109 

Did you try placing one in the middle of the room to see if it would dock then?  There is an issue when there is something on the wall above the docking station, it will block the station and the robot won't dock.  So to rule that out, put one in the middle of any empty room and try.  If it has no problem docking then the issue has to be where you've placed it.  I put mine a half tile out from any wall and not in a corner and they work fine.  It took me a while and some trial and error to finally find a good spot for them.  They don't seem to like anything close to them from what I can tell.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 28 (7,470 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Swedish
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape GP: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure SP: Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Spooky, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Fitness, Toddler, Laundry, Moschino, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting KITS: Bust The Dust OTHER: Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Click on a robot vacuum and choose the action Return to dock or start a cleaning routine (the robot vacuum will start to clean but then freeze and not return to the dock) 
What happens when the bug occurs? The robot vacuum will not return to the dock. When chosing the action Return to dock (Sim click on robot vacuum), the sim will pick up a remote control and perform the animation but the vacuum cleaner will not return to the dock 
What do you expect to see? The robot vacuum to return to the dock
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Bust the Dust kit (But I haven't tested the robot vacuum cleaner before so maybe I had this bug before installing BDK)

I have this bug too! Also have the bug when your robot vacuum get stuck / freezes almost imediately after starting a cleaning routine.
I tested: 1. To repair my game 2. On a new save file 3. With both ( 2 ) robot vacuums 4. In a house with rooms 5. In a house without rooms (No platforms! Nothing on the walls, and almost no furniture) 6. To put the dock station +robot vacuum in the middle of the room 7. To reset the robot vacuum (testingcheats on +clicked on robot vacuum)

Nothing worked.

Message 4 of 28 (7,394 Views)

Hero

@Ulf-Gunnel 

Did you upgrade the robovac?  It has 2 parts that have to be upgraded separately.  And the settings for the operation are on the base?

Message 5 of 28 (7,349 Views)

★ Guide
@CGrant56 Hi! Thanks for the tip, I tested it but unfortunately it didn't work! :-( (I updraged everything on the dock + the robot vacuum, and both on the cheap + the expenssive one).
Message 6 of 28 (7,302 Views)

★ Guide
@CGrant56 ... but what do you mean with "And the settings for the operation are on the base?" ??? Do you mean if I had auto cleaning on? I tested with auto cleaning off and I tested to turn it on with the expenssive upgraded robovac (all time options: 3 / 6 / 12 / 24 h).
Message 7 of 28 (7,291 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Ulf-Gunnel 

Yes.  That is what I meant.  At first, I didn't realize that the base had to be upgraded separately and that the settings were on it, rather than the part that does the moving.  So my comment was an attempt to tell you that in case you didn't already know.  Since you know that, great.  Btw, I found that setting it to run every 6 hours works pretty well for me.

Now, back to the robot not returning to the base.  I had that happening with one of the robovacs in the first house that I played in after installing Bust the Dust.  It would leave the base, vacuum for a bit and then just stop and sit there.  Using the Return to Dock option did nothing.  I had put the thing on the floor between two desks next to a floor to ceiling window where it looked like there was enough room and since it placed without MOO on, I thought it was ok but it wouldn't work.  The rest of them I put on other floors ran fine with no problems.

Anyway, it took me a few tries to find another spot where it would work.  So my suggestion is for you to try putting it in other locations and see if it will return to the dock in another spot.  That's what worked for me.  I did read here on another post that they are somewhat sensitive and won't work if there are wall mounted objects above them too so I guess, they might not like some windows either.  I also put mine a half tile out from the wall as well and stayed away from corners to make sure they had enough room.

The only other time I had when one didn't return to base was when it broke down.  But once it was fixed and sent back to the base, it resumed it's automatic schedule just fine.

Hope this helps.

Message 8 of 28 (7,285 Views)

★ Guide
@CGrant56 Aha! I'm not English speaking so I was not sure of what that meant (and my best friend Google translate are not always reliable hehe). :-) I tested some more things: higher walls, deleted all furniture +roof lamps (just an big empty room hehe), moved the robovac around the room. But it unfortunately didn't work... hm? It must be a bug, hopefully we can get a fix soon. :-)
Message 9 of 28 (7,277 Views)

Sims 4 vacum

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Pc: 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Star Wars pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the robot vacum in a house and it'll get stuck in cleaning
What happens when the bug occurs? The vacum is started and begins cleaning, I think it moves around three tiles max and then it stops, and shows the 'unable to go there' bubble above it. When I tell the sim to make it go back to it's charging station, nothing happens. I've tried to remove the dirt from it, but nothing happens. Please also note that you can keep taking dirt/dust out of the vacums, it doesn't go back to being empty.
What do you expect to see? I expect the vacum to clean the house without getting stuck.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I did try without mods as well, there is no difference. I think there's a bug with all the vacums regarding the endless dust inside them as I tried to get the handheld vacum as well, and that also didn't work properly. 

Please fix this! Also, my sim will still stop what they are doing to vacum, though not as frequent as before. Please fix this as well, let them do what tell them to first, and then they can do whatever they want. 

Thank you Standard smile

Message 10 of 28 (7,197 Views)