Re: [OPEN] [CD] Robot Vacuum will not dock

by stjmk

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 vacum

Hero

@violbassen 

I have been using the robovacs and have seen this happen when I first started using them.  They do exactly as you describe when they can't get to where they want to go.  What I found is that the things need more room than you would think around the tile you place them in.  They are somewhat sensitive to wall mounted things too and even some windows, I have found.

So for the one you having trouble with, move it and it's charging base around until you can find a spot where they will work.   You might have to try a few times.  In my case, I put the base between two desks and it did the same thing you are seeing.  Moving it to a free wall with nothing on the wall above the base and nothing in the tiles on either side worked for me.

Hope this helps.

Message 11 of 28 (1,066 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue with my dock. It get's stuck in random places throughout the house [not just what is shown in the photo]. Is it because its against the wall?Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 3.11.34 PM.png

Message 12 of 28 (1,009 Views)

★★ Pro
@cboyle2014 Try moving it a half grid space out from the wall and see if that helps.

Looking at your layout, I'm not sure there's enough space on either side of the docking station, but, hey, I've put my robovacs in lots of enclosed spaces (one-grid-wide closets) with #MOO, and they still work.

Mind you, I mostly do it simply because I enjoy watching the cats riding around on them. Do not have the busted dust kit, and do not rely on the robovacs for any "cleaning" as such. But they do a fairly okay job of cleaning puddles and hair balls if upgraded. Not perfect, but who is?
Message 13 of 28 (999 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had to move it into the middle of the room with nothing around it for it to work. Thanks for the suggestion! 

Message 14 of 28 (983 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

this is now how my robot vacuum the house ... Wondering i can't even pick it up do i can fix it. it just keep doing this . btw its a cleaning robot 

Message 15 of 28 (955 Views)

★★ Pro
@cboyle2014 Just from my experience, placing them with MOO, they seem to need a full grid tile across, sometimes a half grid tile or less in back, and almost a full tile in front to make them happy. The just don't like being too close against a wall/object on either side, or completely flush, sometimes, in back.
Message 16 of 28 (946 Views)

Re: Robot Vacuum will not dock

★★★ Novice

Tried putting one in the middle of the room and it still will not dock. It just sits there 

Message 17 of 28 (902 Views)

★★ Pro
@sheydoll Any platforms in the build? 'Cuz they can cause weirdness sometimes.
Message 18 of 28 (880 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@CGrant56 this worked for me! away from the wall and it docked no problem when told to Standard smile thanks!
Message 19 of 28 (769 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Screenshot 2021-06-10 150830.png
I  am still having a problem with getting the robot vacuum to path back and return to its dock. It gets stuck and eventually breaks, if I do not go and drag the little vacuum monster back to it's dock.

Message 20 of 28 (701 Views)