Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] [ROM] Pet familiar gets stuck foraging

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Having you pet as a familiar for a spell caster and send it foraging.
What happens when the bug occurs? The pet set as familiar do not return home. And using resetsim console command will reset the pet set as familiar, but the portrait is indicating that pet set as familiar is not on the lot. Nor can you travel with the pet set as familiar to other lots. And if you leave the lot and returns pet set as familiar go back to foraging.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see pet set as familiar returning to the lot with with whatever it found while foraging.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It is the first time it has happen to me. Moving to other lots do not help.

Message 1 of 14 (2,336 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [CD] [ROM] Pet familiar gets stuck foraging

Hero

Fixed an issue in which Pet Familiars would not stop foraging, never bringing back their findings.
○ They are now all good Familiars and bring everything they find back.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 13 of 14 (2,017 Views)

All Replies

Re: pet stuck

Hero
@shadowmane4 Can you unbind the familiar ?

Did you travel while the familiar was foraging ? Did you get any lastexceptions ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (2,308 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I could dismiss it. But I can not unbind or summon it. The unbind/summon list says that the familiar is foraging. Before the familiar got stuck I traveled while the familiar was foraging, but it did return home. And on a side note moving the family to another lot and/or putting them in manage household and returning them did not help

Message 3 of 14 (2,301 Views)

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (2,291 Views)

★★★ Novice

OK, I had the same issue. What I did: "resetsim familiraname familiar surname" the pet appears in home, but i still grayed out --> go to manage worlds --> go to manage household --> go to edit/add etc. household --> you are now in CAS --> do not do anything, click on your pet --> click on Play (√), you will see manage households window, click on (x) up right, which will send you to the played world --> click on household you are playing --> play. Worked for me twice, hoe it helps... M.

Message 5 of 14 (2,244 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @shadowmane4 

I was able to get the pet back on one of the backups. The one that worked for me was one of the two dated from 18:43 (not sure if you get the same time but there's two backups with the same time, just try both of those. Maybe both work)

You need to recover your save (https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen)

Two of your Sims are at work on the save, the other at the vet clinic. Try loading one of the ladies that's at home. This will take you to the home lot. You will see both her and the dog disappearing right away

Now, click on the flash on the guy and bring him to the lot. This will bring him and the dog back (poor dog is a bit sick). I took him to the vet and had that lot freeze but if you load buy/build and go back to live, it should unfreeze the lot. Then I cured him and then went back to the home lot. Sent him to Forage again and he came back home fine.

Didn't play on but hopefully this should work.

Do you remember which lot you sent the pet out ? Your home lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (2,219 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I sent the pet out from the my home lot. And restoring the save worked.

Message 7 of 14 (2,207 Views)

Hero
@shadowmane4 Let me know if it happens again. I will forward your save and this report. I'm guessing something went wrong while the dog was out.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (2,201 Views)

★★ Novice

I think the problem with a pet familiar getting stuck have something to do with the pet familiar following the spell caster it is bound to job or similar things. A few times I had to restore my save when the dog got stuck after following my spell caster to work.

Message 9 of 14 (2,137 Views)

Hero
@shadowmane4 Thanks for that info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (2,129 Views)