Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Petting obsession of pets, Patch 1.52.100

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs except Island Living. All GPs except Vampires. SPs - Backyard Stuff, Bowling, Cool Kitchen, Luxury Party, My First Pet, Perfect Patio.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Well, Play with Pets in the household
What happens when the bug occurs? Pets are still obsessed with petting. While sim is given other tasks, pet still fill the queue with their widhes to be petted.
What do you expect to see? Well, not so much petting.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It seems that the latest patch has not solved the problem with obsessed pets. They still fill the queue with petting wishes.

Checked in clean and new game. All of the 6 adopted dogs randomly wanted to be petted.

Traits of the dogs:

1. Sleuth, Stubborn, Loyal

2. Independent, Playful, Vocal

3. Jumpy, Sleuth, Hairy

4. Playful, Hairy, Friendly

5. Hunter, Sleuth, Friendly

6. Adventurous, Sleuth, Hairy

Situations:

1. Sim was brewing coffee, when 1st dog wanted petting.

2. Several times while playing and talking with other dogs 4th dog wanted petting.

3. When Sim went for a walk with a dog, other tried to get some petting.

4. It was Winterfest, Father Winter came and my Sim was chatting with him. 1st and 6th dogs tried to interrupt them with petting.

5. While sim was cooking. 

Message 1 of 10 (1,845 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [CD] Petting obsession of pets, Patch 1.52.100

[ Edited ]
Hero

Does anyone still have issues with this ?

EDIT: Marking this as fixed as there have not been any reports since June and I personally haven't seen this anymore either

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (1,431 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

My family only has one dog currently but he is constantly whining at them to be pet. He also constantly whines for a walk even though i have my sims walk him in the morning and at night and i make sure to “encourage to do business” three times during each walk. 

Message 2 of 10 (1,762 Views)

Hero
@MysticGlamazon Do you also have the queue spamming or just do they just do it excessively ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (1,746 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict They don’t spam the qeue anymore like they used to but it’s excessively like every couple of mins or especially when a sim is eating he starts whining like they haven’t given him any attention even though i know they have.

Message 4 of 10 (1,735 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MysticGlamazon As OP is about queue filling up still, I'd say your issue is more this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-CD-Dog-constantly-whining/m-p/6802780#M62431

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (1,724 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@koshechka84 Are you seeing the interaction fill up a Sim's queue? In both of your screenshots I only see a single interaction in the queue. Thanks for the help!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 10 (1,696 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (1,675 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Message 8 of 10 (1,639 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Does anyone still have issues with this ?

EDIT: Marking this as fixed as there have not been any reports since June and I personally haven't seen this anymore either

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (1,432 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well, don't think it is fixed. Cause every single action of any sim in any houshold is constantly interrupted by any animal in that HH.

It is RIDICULOUS. Sims can't eat, can't read, can't do ANYTHING without interrupting.

One of my sims even stopped playing guitar to hug or dance (don't remember) with her dog, who was on the OTHER floor!!!! And  there was not any photo of that action in the queue at the moment. Sim was playing, then bah... and he went to the next floor to his dog.

And all of this with Autonomy set to OFF.

Stray dogs are obssesed by introductions, when they come to the house!

It is really annoying!

I love animals, but the game is unplayable with that amount of ridiculous behaviour.

All the screenshots attached with examples of those obssessins. The last, with an alien girl, even without anything connected in the queue (hopefully I managed to capture)

Message 10 of 10 (1,303 Views)