[FIXED] [CD] Pets won't eat unless they're told to

by Kimo0wW

Original Post

Re: Pets won't eat unless they're told to

Hero
@Psychophobia Did you try replacing the bowls ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 55 (3,077 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict the issue has not been solved. I still have this problem up until today and not only my pets won't eat on their own but I also can't give them any Vet Treats.
Message 32 of 55 (3,041 Views)

★★ Novice

Not solved for me either. It's been an ongoing problem and sadly makes me not want to have pets in the game. Frown I had one dog get taken away from not eating with a full food bowl right there. 

Message 33 of 55 (2,975 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Pets won't eat unless they're told to

★★★ Guide

Since the "fix" I never have issues with cats not eating anymore, but I still get it with dogs. Oddly, it's not even every dog, but just some of them. Sometimes in a single household I could have 3 dogs and 1/3 will have this problem with eating which to me eliminates a problem with the placement of bowls, etc. 

I feel like it might be connected to this still-unsolved issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-CD-Dog-constantly-whining/td-p/6802780/page/4  in that some dogs get super obsessed with being walked and will do nothing but whine, neglecting all other needs, until they are walked. I have also noted that if the object they are afraid of is currently being used in the same room as their food dish, they also will not eat. 

Message 34 of 55 (2,908 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I just bought the game 2 days ago with all DLCs, stuff packs and etc, so obviously i've gotten a fresh install.

I'm also experiencing this issue, the dog randomly falls asleep everywhere, i put an auto food dispenser out and it wont eat unless i tell it to.

Quick Edit:

So i did some research on my own about the pet feeder, i noticed in the store that there are 2 automatic pet feeders, as shown in the pictures below, i tested by putting the blue one next to my old red one (i liked the colour and the design of the bowl of the red) both inside (which is an elevated foundation) and outside, as well as putting one of each pet bed outside and inside (still testing that).

BUT i found out that the pet WILL eat from the Blue Petmate that i had outside! i have NO idea what caused this to work suddenly, but it did, i left the dispenser timer at 6 hours (the pet didnt need to be guided outdoors to find the bowl even!)

Petmate Programmatic pet feeder 1Petmate Programmatic pet feeder 2

Message 35 of 55 (2,866 Views)

★ Apprentice

This is still happening in my game despite the fix.  Cat won't eat unless called to bowl.  Won't use litterbox unless my sim picks up the cat, and puts them down right next to the litterbox.

Message 36 of 55 (2,813 Views)

My dog randomly passes out from exhaustion/wont eat on its own.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but the University.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Being on the game? Otherwise not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? Anytime I play sims, after a few mins to an hour my dog stops eating or sleeping on his bed/couch himself and constantly starts to starve or pass out from exhaustion. My sims has to make him eat. Anytime I ask him to lie down on the bed he refuses or passes out before I can even ask. (Note: My dog has 3 beds and multiple couches to sleep on. As well as a couple food dishes set out in the open for him to eat.)
What do you expect to see? My dog not require my sims to make him eat or sleep and for my dog to not constantly starve or pass out from exhaustion.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The dog passes out randomly and it's hard to figure out when he's about to pass out. So I can't send any videos.

Message 37 of 55 (2,775 Views)

Re: My dog randomly passes out from exhaustion/wont eat on its own.

Hero
@rawrtasticashley I merged your post with the current thread on the issue although the not sleeping part is new.

Does it matter which kind of food dish/sleep mat you use ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 55 (2,746 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@crinrict Thank you for the merge! Didn't see another thread about it! Sadly it doesn't matter which mat or food dish I use either. None of it seems to work on him. I dont use mods and I've tried repairing the game just in case. Super odd that I keep having the issue..

Message 39 of 55 (2,735 Views)

Hero
@rawrtasticashley Is it just that dog ? Have you tried another household if you see the same ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 55 (2,727 Views)