Re: Pets won't eat unless they're told to

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Pets won't eat unless they're told to

[ Edited ]

A lot of people have this issue, including myself. There is also an issue where cats will complain that they want a litter box even though there is one right by them and will take forever to find it. I wish that there was at least an option to call them to use the litter box to stop this happening.

Message 21 of 55 (3,153 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

My dogs won't eat eating even though the automated food dish is full. (I have to click on the dish and tell them to eat.) So frustrating and high-maintenance. And sometimes I find that I told them and they never went. Disappointed

My relevant game info:
No CC or Mods. I am on Mac. I have Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Dine Out.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 22 of 55 (3,074 Views)

Dogs Starving

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat My First Pet Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Kids Room Stuff Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an automatic food dispenser and a dog. Or a normal food bowl.
What happens when the bug occurs? The dogs don't eat.
What do you expect to see? The dogs eating.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have 4 auto food dispensers in my 64x64 house. 2 upstairs, 2 downstairs. They're on 1 hour schedules. My dogs never eat unless I tell them to. The one dog almost died of starvation. This has also happened with a standard food bowl, just less often.

Message 23 of 55 (2,930 Views)

Re: Dogs Starving

Hero

Hi @n7tribrid

merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 55 (2,922 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm still having this issue as well on both PC and PS4.

Message 25 of 55 (2,908 Views)

Cats always say food bowl is empty and always wanting to eat

★★★ Newbie

Hi guys, my adopted cat always meowed and show an empty food bowl bubble. But the food bowl is always filled and my cat only goes to eat when I call him to go eat. I thought they supposed to know that the food bowl is filled and will eat by themselves? How can I solve this? Thanks in advance!

Message 26 of 55 (2,829 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this problem too. And my pet is often so hungry (after calling my cat to eat, within 1 hour, it will meow for food again.......................)

Message 27 of 55 (2,828 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have two cats in my main household and each have their own separate bowl of food. Even with both food bowls filled they will starve and when I ask what's wrong it will show the empty food bowl bubble. I have to call each one to eat every time. They never eat on their own. This has been happening for years. Not new. I avoid pets because they are so buggy. As everyone knows they also are sick way too often and if you have a fireplace going they will never step away from it. I had one going consistently and they stood there for weeks. Lol. Oh well 

Message 28 of 55 (2,648 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

Fixed an issue where hungry pets would not eat from food bowls autonomously.

Fixed in Patch 1.51.75

... or not

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 55 (3,574 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict No, it hasn't.
Message 30 of 55 (2,442 Views)