Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Pets won't eat unless they're told to

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an automatic food dispenser and a cat, then after a few times, the cat says there is no food and is starting to get hungry, while i still see food. I have to tell my cat to eat before it sees the food too...
What happens when the bug occurs? The cat says there is no food and is starting to get hungry, while I still see food. I have to tell my cat to eat before it sees the food too...
What do you expect to see? The cat to just eat the food that it there... ?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have actually alot of bugs to report..... is there somewhere I can name them all?

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 3 of 55 (20,284 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My dog randomly passes out from exhaustion/wont eat on its own.

Hero

● Retrained our good Doggos and Cattos so that they can eat also not on command. So they will no longer eat only when they are told. Give them all the treats anyway - they are such good bois and girls!

Fixed in Patch 1.65.77/ 1.30

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

This is the second attempt to fix this do hopefully for real this time

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 55 of 55 (13,274 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Re: [TO TEST] [CD] Dogs won't eat unless they're told to

★★★★ Guide
I've had this no-eating issue with my dogs as well, but as far as I can tell, the fireplace isn't an issue with them (it's not turned on by default though). The do have other quirks, like one is afraid of electronics and another is obsessed with the fridge (I think). I don't have the PP mod installed, but I'll bet there's probably some queue droppage somewhere. Also noticed, this issue more as my pets have aged (they're all elders at the moment). So, perhaps they're senile. My elder sims in the household already have a death wish, exercising until exhaustion, so I wouldn't be surprised. hah! (j/k on the senility bit)
Message 1 of 55 (20,536 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [CD] Dogs won't eat unless they're told to

★ Novice

I've also been having this problem with my 3 cats but I don't own a fireplace. Only one of the cats refuses to autonomously eat, and when one of the other two go to eat the cats who aren't eating are obsessed with watching the one eat and always have the empty pet bowl thought bubble above their heads. I have three different food bowls. It could be an obsession thing generally, but I don't own a fireplace for them to be obsessed with.

Message 2 of 55 (20,342 Views)

Re: Cat won't eat but bowl is full

Hero

Does the cat eat when you direct her too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 55 (20,195 Views)

★ Guide

Yes. I have to send her to eat, otherwise she'll keep meowing at the full bowl and having a negative moodlet. When I make my sim ask what was wrong, she said she was hungry. 

Message 5 of 55 (20,190 Views)

Hero

@Kimo0wW

merged with dog thread on the issue then and adjusted title

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 55 (20,182 Views)

★ Guide

I don't have a fireplace tho. 

And my cat says there isn't food in the bowl while there is.  So I don't think it's an obsession thing?

I think it has something to do with the automatic food dispenser cause on normal bowls without the dispenser, she eats. 

Message 7 of 55 (20,176 Views)

Hero

There's a few in here that don't have a fireplace. Maybe it's not the cause.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 55 (20,165 Views)

EA Staff

Hi everyone

We have not been able to reproduce this issue, would any of you be willing to share your save files? 

If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you very much!         

Message 9 of 55 (20,174 Views)

★ Guide

Here's the link to my save file:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1za0AFAuxOTiPsm6h3-yhIzdGvVGEFvxk

It's family Loes/Kabel. Yara Loes and Derek Kabel with a cat named Ginger and a toddler named Joy. They live in Briddlton Bay on the Beach house lot. 

Message 10 of 55 (20,158 Views)