[FIXED] [CD] Pets won't age up, even with treat on home lot

by Sm00re1

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Kitten won't age up, even with treat on home lot

★★★ Newbie

Adopted two kittens. Neither have grown up in the time it has taken my sim to go from an adult to an elder. The last time I logged into my game, one of the kittens had suddenly become an adult without 'aging up'. Tried four age up treats and none have worked. Really annoying as I only started playing again with the aim to make Tiger King and breed loads of kittens. Lockdown goals

Message 21 of 100 (2,806 Views)

Kitten won’t age up

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.34
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs 4 seasons Outdoor Retreat Movie hangout Get to work Done out Vampires Vintage glamour Get together Laundry day Get famous Perfect patio Discovery university Island living Fitness stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try aging up a kitten.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing
What do you expect to see? I give my kitten the age up treat and it does not age up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I’ve only tried aging up my kitten twice.

Message 22 of 100 (2,800 Views)

Cats not aging up

★★★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68156.1020 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco lifestyle, island living, discover university, cats and dogs, get to work, parenthood, realm of magic, vampires, dine out, city living, toddler stuff, kidsroom stuff, knifty knitting, laundry day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? adopt a kitten. Wait. It will never age.
What happens when the bug occurs? My cats will not age up. It has been 4 in game weeks.
What do you expect to see? I expect cats to age up. The kitten life stage has been going on for 2 in game weeks. instead of 2 ingame days.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed sims 4 nifty knitting.

My sims adopted a kitten at the first week of gameplay, they now are married, have kids, and aged up. But the same cat is still a kitten. When checking days left in lifestage with mccommand center, it was long overdue to age up

Message 23 of 100 (2,777 Views)

Kitten don't age, when given an Age-Up Vet treat

★★ Guide

Platform:Steam-PC
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Kitten, and give it an Vet; Age-Up Treat.
What happens when the bug occurs? When given a Vet; Age-Up Treat, the Kitten don't age up. Remains a Kitten.
What do you expect to see? The Kitten should Age up to an Adult Cat/Transformation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I wanted a Family Kitten to Age up to an Adult, and gave a Vet Treat for it.Tranformation/Aging didn't occur. Tried it twice, both failed. Haven't tried without CC. Haven't used that aging method before, so unsure when the Problem got introduced to my Game. Haven't tried it in another Household.

Message 24 of 100 (2,711 Views)

Kitten Doesn't Age Up

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My kitten won't age up with age-up treats. I have auto age up turned off so I use the treats. I have given my kitten 5 treats. I tried at home, in an open area, and another lot. It still won't age up. I also tried to change it to an adt through "change sim" and it won't let me edit existing sims.

Message 25 of 100 (2,622 Views)

Re: Kitten Doesn't Age Up

Hero
@MaeyinB I merged your post with the bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 100 (2,611 Views)

Re: Kitten Doesn't Age Up

★★ Novice

Thank you

Message 27 of 100 (2,592 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yay another glitch to add to the collection after the recent updates. My kitten was saved to the gallery alongside its owners in an attempt to save my legacy from the Father Winter crashes. The couple have got married, had a daughter. The daughter is almost a child and the kitten is still a kitten. I haven't tried the treat yet, but it really should just work on its own. I'm on Xbox and aging is set to normal.

Message 28 of 100 (2,525 Views)

Why won't my pet age up?

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.35
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, jungle adventure, vampires, outdoor retreat, tiny living, my first pet, laundry day, fitness, vintage glamour, backyard, cool kitchen, perfect patio,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try and age up a pet
What happens when the bug occurs? I've been trying to age up my pet for days now, it doesn't work at all, I've waited 7 in game days and I've given my pet about 5 age up treats and nothing happens
What do you expect to see? My pet turning from a kitten to an adult cat
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.

1. Product: The Sims 4
    What is your current game version number? 1.35
    What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, jungle adventure, vampires, outdoor retreat, tiny living, my first pet, laundry day, fitness, vintage glamour, backyard, cool kitchen, perfect patio,
    Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try and age up a pet
    What happens when the bug occurs? I've been trying to age up my pet for days now, it doesn't work at all, I've waited 7 in game days and I've given my pet about 5 age up treats and nothing happens
    What do you expect to see? My pet turning from a kitten to an adult cat

Message 29 of 100 (2,524 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having the exact same issue still ! 

Message 30 of 100 (2,435 Views)