Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Pets won't age up, even with treat on home lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, and Holiday Celebration pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to age-up a kitten with an age-up treat.
What happens when the bug occurs? The kitten can eat as many as she wants while on the home lot and nothing happens. It's like giving her a normal treat.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my cat age up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've fed my kitten seven age-up treats to no avail. I've waited overnight (in-game) and still, nothing has changed. She is still a kitten.Yes, they were on the home lot.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title

Message 1 of 100 (36,306 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Pets won't age up, even with treat on home lot

Hero

Kittens will now Age Up when given Age Up Treats. Now, why would you have your kittens age? Who wannnntttsss kittensss to live foreverrrrrrrrrrr? - Oh ooo oh - Who dares to be a kitten foreveeeerrrr?

Fixed in Patch 1.72.28/ 1.39

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

I'm aware that some people had issues with the cats not aging at all, even without the thread. If you still have that, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 100 of 100 (10,626 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Kitten won't age up, even with treat on home lot

Hero
@Sm00re1 Possibly related to the Sims not aging via birthday cake.

Leaving this separate for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 100 (36,178 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this exact same issue also.

Message 3 of 100 (36,150 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same and I went to vanilla game with no mods before this latest patch in prep for sliders coming for skin tones and new Snowy pack. I bought treats on different sim days. I also do not have aging on. I was going to open another version of this save and turn it on to see if that changes anything.

Message 4 of 100 (36,084 Views)

★★★ Novice

Can you link me to the thread of this issue? Just noticed it minutes ago. I updated my game with the Nov 10 patch too, and have screen-tested all my mods (all fine), so I know it isn't it. 

Tried aging up two sims across different households with the birthday cake and the sims will get the birthday party moodlet but it just auto-resets itself. No aging up. 

Message 5 of 100 (36,049 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Somewhere earlier in this post someone said there’s a separate thread for the birthday cake not aging up problem that’s new. I didn’t try the turning aging on then trying age up treat yet because last night my game crashed/closed at the end of a great holiday. I forget I don’t have auto save without mods 😅 and lost progress of one Sim Day.

Message 6 of 100 (36,033 Views)

Hero
@aeliam16lake Sorry, I thought I put a link,

Sims not aging is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sim-doesn-t-age-up-by-blowing-out-candles/td-p/9716468/ju...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 100 (36,018 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue. I added a kitten to a family for 5 sim days already and it is not aging up by itself. Usually it only takes 2-3 days. Tried the age up treat at home and at a commercial lot, kitten still won't age up. No cc or mods. My only solution is to go into CAS full edit mode to manually age up the kitten. 

Message 8 of 100 (35,992 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same issue. I have a kitten that I gave the age up treat several times but she won't age up. The game in which I play this kitten was created after the update because I had other issues as well and I was trying to see if a new game would fix it.

The strange thing is that within this game also have a dog (dog was added to the family last week, kitten only today) the dog aged up just fine. The dog was created in CAS, the kitten was adopted. 

Message 9 of 100 (35,877 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have had this issue since the 10 November 2020 patch. I have had a kitten out-live a sims entire life without aging, treats do not work either. I don't have any mods, have all expansions on PC and this happens 100%, the same as this person. 

Message 10 of 100 (35,806 Views)