Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Pets spamming the queue

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

I just updated my game last week (5/1/2019), and haven't encountered this bug until after the update. This is the first family with a pet that I've played since then. It's their cat, she has the friendly trait. She will fill up their queue with the pet want. At first I would just ignore it, but with it happening almost every other minute, it's starting to become bothersome.

I do play with mods and cc, but I've seen others who play vanilla games having the same issues.

I've also cleared my cache (I do it every time I update/remove a mod, as well as cc. And I've also repaired my game. Neither has worked.

Message 31 of 36 (731 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I too had a friendly dog who became super needy and queue spammy after the last update and am also diligent about clearing my cache and repair my game. I do play with a few mods. Happens with or without mods. I haven't tried with cats. Makes game play tedious. I suppose I'll take this opportunity to get a mean dog and see what that's about lol. Hope for a fix soon though so I can adopt the ol' family dog back. Sad Sims Frown

The queue spam occured with an adult dog that I had created through CAS and I had given the friendly trait and also with a puppy that I adopted that turned out to also have the friendly trait, so perhaps pet age also is not an issue

Message 32 of 36 (687 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I finally adopted a dog and randomly it does that interaction spam for a few seconds, but it clears itself out again too but it's just incredibly annoying when it happens.

I don't have to interact with the dog, it just does it on its own. I can sit by the computer, or be somewhere else and it does it.

It seems the command it spams is Petting the dog.

Dog traits:

Faithful

Couch potatoe

Friendly

Adult Male

Good Friend

Companion

I don't know if I translate the features properly from the Swedish one but you can probably guess which the english counterparts are. (I'd play with English if the bloody time was still showing 24h clock in game)

Message 33 of 36 (627 Views)

Hero

It’s been ongoing, but we are actively calming those overly excited pets. Your queue should no longer fill up with a stack of a zillion bubbles from your pets when you run certain interactions. We’ve been working on this issue for a while with a few other fixes, but it’s been rearing its head with new repro steps here and there. So hopefully this fish sticks

Fixed in Patch 1.52.100  .. or is it ?

As this is the-I-lost-count-fix of this bug, as always, if you still encounter it, please create a new thread on WHEN it happens and what traits your pet has.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 36 (2,225 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well, 1.52 did not erase this pet pet obsession, unfortunately. In absolutely clean and new game (Without any mod), every of my 5 adopted dogs randomly asked to be petted.

But If you give a sim some other task, the petting one just vanishes. Still it is really disturbing...

As for traits - one of the dog has Friendly, others have not. We have Hunter, Sleuth, Vocal, Adventurous.

Message 35 of 36 (504 Views)

Hero
@koshechka84 Could you make a new thread.

Please post the following info

- Traits of the dog that it's happening too
- Interaction your Sim was doing while it happened

As you can see this happens in many different occasions and it seems they need to fix each separately.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 36 (494 Views)