[FIXED] [CD] Pets needs are not filled/sick while playing another household

by mh4515

Original Post

Re: [FIXED] [CD] Pets needs are not filled while playing another household

★★ Novice

This is still happening, just not when you load into an unplayed household, rather with pets you encounter while visiting lots where animals are, such as the park or while visiting other sims (its not just strays)

There are quite a lot of pets in my game so its super noticeable when you go to a lot where there are often a few dogs or cats and my sims constantly have uncomfortable moodlets from either smelly dogs, puddles, or sick on the floor. I've taken to carrying wellness treats around to feed to cats and dogs I meet while I'm out to make life easy but it would be nice if unplayed animals just weren't sick when you load into somewhere (I, personally, don't mind when they're starving bc I usually just do shift+click "make happy")

My game is up to date as of 29.12.2018

Message 41 of 68 (1,361 Views)

★ Guide

This is happening to me as well. Sims will not feed their pets unless you manually do it. I was visiting a sim's house and sat there for two days and she never filled the bowl with food or any of its other needs. I am up to date in regards to patches and I own all content.

Message 42 of 68 (1,311 Views)

Hero
Adding this back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 68 (1,294 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Hello @crinrict original creator of the bug report here. Sorry for not responding for so long.

Here is a save where the issue is reproduced: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pBI08FX2n6eEBZJGT10_F1Mp1C8rJJvL no mods used.

First I loaded a couple of households with pets, Lynx, Delgato etc. so they ended up in played households, all pets were fine with full needs, then I took one of my own sims and put her in Forgotten Grotto and disabled her needs, So I could advance time easily. Then I fast forwarded and just let the game run for 27 "sim" days. Then I saved, went back to manage worlds and loaded the households with pets again.

All the pets in the households are now starving and are sick.

TS4_x64 2019-01-25 16-51-32.png

So to clarify, why I created this bug report. Pets needs are decaying when you are not playing them, and the mechanic which makes them sick after a while are also running when you are not playing them. This is a bug that is not fixed and I do not believe this is by design.

Thank you for your support.

Message 44 of 68 (1,244 Views)

Hero
Thanks. I'll make sure QA sees this link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 68 (1,222 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Nobody's mentioned it much in this thread but I assume I should post here instead of starting a new one?  I rotate 12 households.  I don't have the issue most are talking about here with the sick, sad, and dirty pets in the world thanks to a mod.  But I still have my own pets sick when I rotate to them.  Almost every pet.  In homes that have several pets, this is ridiculous because there's no way I could take 3 pets to the vet at once.  At this point, I'm just cheating them a supply of wellness treats.

03-13-19_3-18-35 PM.jpg

Message 46 of 68 (1,168 Views)

★★★ Guide
@StormyDayzGamez I have the exact same issue with multiple households and it is infuriating.
Message 47 of 68 (1,075 Views)

Pets are Always Sick When Playing Rotationally

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, Vampires, Jungle Adventures, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic, Kids Room Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play rotationally, and when you've been playing with a household for a while, go to a household with pets.
What happens when the bug occurs? All pets are sick.
What do you expect to see? That pets don't get sick every time you've been playing with another household for a while.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I play rotationally, and every time I go back to playing with a household with pets all the pets are sick. This is even the case if the household have been in the neighbourhood for a while but I haven't played that household yet.

Message 48 of 68 (1,006 Views)

Re: Pets are Always Sick When Playing Rotationally

Hero
@SqueamishNerd Merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 49 of 68 (979 Views)

Re: Pets are Always Sick When Playing Rotationally

★★★★★ Guide

Weighing in on this same issue happening in my rotational play. My poor cat is always either seriously sick or seemingly neglected when I return to playing her family.

Message 50 of 68 (955 Views)