Re: [UNSURE] [CD] Pets needs are not filled while playing another household

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Dog / cat hangout lot trait: Strays are always sick

★★ Pro

If you don't happen to be a vet, go to the vet clinic in Brindleton Bay. They have a vending machine to the right when you walk in and you can buy wellness treats there. I didn't know I could bathe strays as long as the tub was outside. That's really helpful. Thank you!

Message 61 of 68 (1,849 Views)

Re: Dog / cat hangout lot trait: Strays are always sick

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@PriestessAvenara 

Yes the vending machine at the vet clinic will work! The wellness treat is 50$ at the clinic. 15$ per wellness treat and vet skill of 5 took about a hour with fast speed with Mrs pancake, with the medicine crafting machine.Even with a Vet clinic you still need to make all of the treats for the vending machine.  The debug treats are empty. I have empty the vending machine many years ago of a 100 per 6... adult and teen sims 4  walking and learning how to help these poor data made sweet animals. As you get to know them walking, training, bathe them.

You see that Maxis/EA has worked the NPC  to walk them also take them to the Vet Clinic. House with the tub is on brindle bay and do keep eyes out for new data animals.. Your phone shows a photo of the stray ( once friends) and can keep up with them that way too. 

Message 62 of 68 (1,825 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi there, 

Where has this issue left off?  I have this issue and it makes me loathe to play withcats and dogs or visit other households who have pets. Since it seems to be rather disruptive to game play and many people have reported the issue I'm wondering if there has (or will be soon) a fix?

I'm just so sad from seeing sick and mistreated pets!

Thanks

Jennifer

Message 63 of 68 (1,678 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@zensluv4real 

Charitable deed :For the first time in the companies' history, Electronic Arts have partnered with to host challenges for simmers. EA and Maxis both vouched to donate 20,000 dollars to SPCA to prevent further animal cruelty and abuse. The challenges lasted from November 13 to December 10, 2017.

Gameplay

The game has a new "Create-a-Pet" tool.

• New Skill: Veterinarian
  • New Aspiration: Friend of the Animals
  • New World: Brindleton Bay
  • New Life State: Cats, Dogs
  • New Game Options and Interactions: Create-a-Pet
  • New Career: Veterinarian 
  •  
  •    You may interact with the sims pets or strays. Your choice. Uninstall the game? 
Message 64 of 68 (1,654 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@diopter77 

Sorry I don't understand your post. I was checking on the status of the reported bug in the game. Has a real fix been found yet and/or is the team working on it? (that does not involve filling Sims inventories with Wellness Treats). It is 2020 and the bug was reported years ago and still exists. Would be great if the Devs could share an update!

Message 65 of 68 (1,619 Views)

★★★★ Guide

These are a merged bug report

Message 66 of 68 (1,596 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@zensluv4real I have this issue as well, and have had it for a long time. I do use mods, and I have one from LMS that is called "No sick, sad, dirty pets" or something like that (which I saw @PriestessAvenara mentioned before too), which prevents strays from being miserable. It does not prevent pets from being sick when you start a new household, which I see every time. I guess it's a minor inconvenience to bring them to the vet every single time, but that's what I've been doing. I have tried to have my active Sim bring a pet from another household to the vet, but when I tried to sign them in it said there was no pet in the area to cure. I do know that when you build up a friendship with a stray you can bathe and feed them if you put the necessary tools outside, and you can bring them to the vet once your relationship is strong enough. A patch is coming because Eco Lifestyle is being released, but idk I wouldn't hold my breath on this being fixed. You never know though! Standard smile

Message 67 of 68 (1,581 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Fixed an issue that made Pets’ needs to not be fulfilled if not playing an active household.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133/ Console 1.25

Please create a new thread if there's still any variation of this out there

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 68 of 68 (6,061 Views)