Re: [OPEN] [CD] Pets needs are not filled/sick while playing another household

by lamlamsalot

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Pets needs are not filled while playing another household

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue too but not only when I change families, I also have this issue if I travel with one sim and go back to the house.

So if I'm playing a family with 4 cats and I pick one sim to go to the restaurant and I leave the pets at home when I go back they are all sick. Its really annoying. Everytime I travel or change households my pets are sick.

I just enter the game to play with a family where I have 4 cats all of them were sick I went to the vet and cured the 4 of them then I went back home after I decided to travel with my sim to the realm of magic world when I went back all my 4 cats were sick again. -.- 

I'm tired of always taking my pets to the vet. Is not supposed them to be sick so often.

Message 51 of 68 (1,734 Views)

Cats and Dogs - Pets always sick upon loading a household

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Luxury Party, Toddler Stuff and Fitness Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load a household who owns a pet after having played another household. You must play another household for a few days before loading the one with the pet to experience the bug.
What happens when the bug occurs? The household's pet will be sick 100%of the time (illness is random) and require treatment.
What do you expect to see? The pet to not be sick 100% of the time
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This issue has been going strong in my game ever since Cats and Dogs came out pretty much (or at least around that time). I've waited for a fix for a very long time but have grown impatient as this bug is really disrupting my style of play. Thank you in advance for looking into this!

Message 52 of 68 (1,714 Views)

Re: Cats and Dogs - Pets always sick upon loading a household

Hero
@tcikes Merged your post with existing thread on this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 68 (1,686 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [CD] Pets needs are not filled while playing another household

★★★★ Novice

This part of the game I hate. I see all of these sick animals and I cannot do anything for them. What a stupid thing to put into our games as if we would enjoy this?:?

Someone in EA has brain damage or is of a very cruel spirit to put this sick pet crap into our games ;( makes med very sad and does not encourage me to want to buy more games!!!

Get it together EA and change this sinerio.

Message 54 of 68 (1,603 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

If Maxis want to change this, my save files from post 44 are still available. Just load the Lynx Household. All her cats are sick and look severely neglected. All that I did was to let 27 sim days pass with another household.

Message 55 of 68 (1,594 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm also running into this problem where my unplayed household pets are getting sick / need to be taken to the vet when I switch back to play them. Sad as it is, I can understand strays getting sick - would love to have the chance to let a pet-loving sim befriend and take them to the vet, without adopting them. But then again, if the default setting for strays is sick / unfulfilled needs, perhaps this wouldn't work regardless if the pet I've treated shows up sick again days later. 

But usually in the mix of sick strays I'm noticing the pets belonging to my other households running around, just as sick. A handful of them getting sick after wandering around makes sense, but after reading the forum I'm getting a sense that I'm not alone thinking its more of them than there should be? 

Maybe there's a way to reduce how frequently stray / unplayed pets wander around sick off vet lots? 

Message 56 of 68 (1,567 Views)

Re: Cats and Dogs - Pets always sick upon loading a household

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

It is unbelievable this bug isn't fixed for 3 years by now. It is unforgivable. How... How?! Come on EA, there must be some decency left in you.

And yeah, I am also struggling with this impossible bug. I hate how impossible it is to play rotationally with pets.

Message 57 of 68 (1,476 Views)

Dog / cat hangout lot trait: Strays are always sick

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except Discover University, every game pack except StrangerVille, Bowling Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff and Movie Hangout Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a lot with the "Dog / Cat Hangout" lot trait.
What happens when the bug occurs? The strays (dogs and cats) are always sick. They pee and poop inside the house / building and there is no option to take them to a vet clinic.
What do you expect to see? Not all strays should be sick.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So I moved my household into a new home yesterday and assigned the "Dog Hangout" lot trait. But the appearing strays are always sick and pee and poop inside the house.

My sims always complain about smelly pets and need to clean every few minutes. Furthermore, there is no option to take the strays to the vet despite they are sick.

Message 58 of 68 (1,551 Views)

Re: Dog / cat hangout lot trait: Strays are always sick

★★ Pro

@Zack4358  If you are comfortable with mods, Little Ms Sam who is an excellent modder and keeps up with all the patches has one called "No Sick, Dirty, Sad and Hungry Cats & Dogs" that should fix this problem for you. I haven't had a sick stray since. I don't like seeing them so miserable. When I open my home up to strays, the last thing I want is to see them suffering or make my own pets ill. Note, it won't effect the sick pets coming to your vet clinic so don't worry about that if you are a veterinarian.

Message 59 of 68 (1,532 Views)

Re: Dog / cat hangout lot trait: Strays are always sick

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Zack4358 

Wow dog and cat lot trait you are a superstar in my sims 4 world!!

In my opinion Cats and Dogs are designed to have strays for the vet clinic clients and aspiration.  My parks in different worlds with either dog or cat lot traits with training grounds. Food bowls and feeder everywhere and whatever else pet inventory has .Your sims can train and use vet wellness treats on any stray Sometimes it may take 2 wellness and bath..These are tested methods my sims 4 use while in game. Some of the vet equipment has a level just like cooking  an comfortable vet equipment also.In all my sims 4 houses have vet equipment. My Vet clinics have living spaces with vet clinic equipment to treat my furry pups if one would be sick while running clinic. One day maybe Maxis/EA will add on exam your own pet in clinic setting. Also a bathtub outside has every stray pup squeaky clean. Just few quick tips.  Parks lot traits cat or dog hangout, training ground & dog or cat friendly. Good Luck!

Message 60 of 68 (1,479 Views)