Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Pets Can't Eat Pet Food Bought at Food Stands

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to a food stand, buy one of the pet foods, then try to get your pet to eat it.
What happens when the bug occurs? What happens when the bug occurs? So I'm out and about with a hungry pet and decide to treat her to some pet food from the food stand. So I buy the pet food and it goes into my inventory. Not sure why, but okay. So I go into my inventory and click on the food, but I don't get any options feed said pet food to my pet. I can only eat it myself, pack it into a sack lunch, place it in the world or throw it away. Naturally, I place it in the world and try again, hoping that I'll be able to call my pet to eat it once it's out in the world. It doesn't work. I can still only treat it as I would people food purchased at a food stand. So I take the food-stand-purchased pet food home to see if it will work there, it doesn't. So, since I'm home, I decided to cook up the exact same pet food at home on the stove. THAT pet food works as it should--I can make it specifically for my pet, or I can just cook up some pet food and call my pet to eat it. But that pet food I purchased at the food stand still doesn't work properly as pet food. I tested this multiple times with different sims/pets. The only conclusion I can come to after all my beta testing is that pet food purchased at the food stand is incorrectly coded to function as people food instead of as pet food as it should. The curious thing is that when I make my sim eat the pet food they purchased at the food stand, they still react as if they've eaten pet food, so I'm not sure why that happens.
What do you expect to see? I'd really like for my pets to actually eat the pet food that I buy for them from food stands while we're out and about. Thanks!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Won't let me submit without anything in this box, so...

Message 1 of 10 (1,329 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO TEST] [CD] Pets Can't Eat Pet Food Bought at Food Stands

★★★★★ Apprentice

It now works correctly! My dogs can eat the food stall pet food I buy for them--thank you!

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (1,212 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @ceb6973

I tested this and while the inventory thing really is odd, I can place it in the world and then call the pet to eat. Tried both on community lot and at home.

What animal did you try with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,298 Views)

Hero

Nudge above bookmark

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (1,285 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've tried it with multiple dog-owning sims and it's always a problem, using the food stand near the dog park. I haven't tried it with other food stands or with cats. In the next few days I'll play the cat lady and see how it works with the food stand outside her house...

Message 4 of 10 (1,268 Views)

EA Staff

Hi there @ceb6973

We are trying to reproduce your issue, but we would need your help first! :D

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 5 of 10 (1,245 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Absolutely! I'll send them this afternoon! 

ETA: Okay, I thought I sent this yesterday, but somehow it was just stuck on preview and wouldn't let me submit. SO, I'm just adding what I was trying to submit to this reply to see if this will work and it will let me submit it:

Here you go!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aub2vVg_AqSEc7oZB_hAYJlu354

Two of the four active households in Brindleton Bay have dogs, and I tried it with both of them. I couldn't call either sim's dogs to eat the dog food I bought at the food stand, whether I tried to serve it in the world right by the food stand, or when I took it home and tried to serve it. They would eat the pet food I cooked on the stove (and I could direct them to do so) but not the pet food bought at the stand. 

Thanks for your help with this! 

I'm also going to share this same link on the other question I have open, which is sims needs not filling while Vet appointments are active, just in case it's needed there, too: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Cant-Fill-Needs-at-Vet-Appointments/m-p/6469211/highli...

Thanks for your help!

Message 6 of 10 (1,236 Views)

EA Staff

Hey @ceb6973

Yes, both issues are under investigation.

Thank you for your saves and feedback! =D

Message 7 of 10 (1,201 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Excellent! I'm glad to hear it. And by the way, I love your handle, SimsQA_Icarus. The Greek mythology behind it is awesome, and I adore Project Icarus (aka Dirk Gently)!

Message 8 of 10 (1,177 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@ceb6973One of our testers was having trouble getting the interaction to show up last week, but now they properly see the interaction. Could this possibly have been fixed with the update we released on December 12th? Can you confirm that your game is fully up to date, and that you are still experiencing the issue? Thanks much! 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 10 (1,153 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It now works correctly! My dogs can eat the food stall pet food I buy for them--thank you!

Message 10 of 10 (1,213 Views)